Upcoming Freshmen

Started by mysuperson, July 07, 2013, 11:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysuperson

Was just wondering who the in coming freshmen to watch this year. There seems to be a couple that make the jump to the high school level better than others. So I was wondering if anyone can name a few to keep an eye this year.
proud of my son every day in every way

padre

These kids will be making a lot of noise....

Mason Kauffman(Stratford)
Brock Bergelin(Denmark)
Jose Acosta(Manitowoc)
Jordan Blanchard(Coleman)
Hayden Krein(Holmen)
Devin Bahr(La Crosse)
Micah Johnson(Boyceville)
Connor Williams(La Crosse)
Dalton Hahn(Reedsburg)
Alex Peplinski(Wittenberg-Birnamwood)
Kamren Bornbach(Stratford)

There are a ton of excellent '98 and '99 birth year kids out there....plenty will be making some noise.

Hand Control

Quote from: padre on July 08, 2013, 01:13:41 AM
These kids will be making a lot of noise....

Mason Kauffman(Stratford)
Brock Bergelin(Denmark)
Jose Acosta(Manitowoc)
Jordan Blanchard(Coleman)
Hayden Krein(Holmen)
Devin Bahr(La Crosse)
Micah Johnson(Boyceville)
Connor Williams(La Crosse)
Dalton Hahn(Reedsburg)
Alex Peplinski(Wittenberg-Birnamwood)
Kamren Bornbach(Stratford)

There are a ton of excellent '98 and '99 birth year kids out there....plenty will be making some noise.
Hayden now is going to be a Sparta student :({he is also only going to be a 8th grader)
          Devin is a student at West Salem{and I am going to go out on a limb here and say he has a very good chance at 4 state titles}
           That Van Maanen kid from Lx Central will also be making some noise of his own at 106/113,the kid is all healed up and ready to hit the mat

MHSfan

Devin will have a great Highschool career. He improves every time I see him. He comes into a weight class where he may have to face Jens Lantz and regional with Davies Roddick or Winchell. I think your going put on a big limb . I will bet he will mess some upper classmen's seasons up.

Hand Control

Quote from: MHSfan on July 08, 2013, 05:56:20 AM
Devin will have a great Highschool career. He improves every time I see him. He comes into a weight class where he may have to face Jens Lantz and regional with Davies Roddick or Winchell. I think your going put on a big limb . I will bet he will mess some upper classmen's seasons up.
Lantz(ellsworth-Div2)Roddick,Winchell(Sparta-div2)Davies-?        Bahr(West Salem-Div2)=not such a big limb       I'm not saying he will not lose any matches, I'm just thinking this calm young man will have a very good shot at some state titles.

bigG

We have  a thick one coming up in Cashton, Dylan Campton, who might take some serious lumps this year; but should turn out well. Really nice young fella.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

mat time

Quote from: Hand Control on July 08, 2013, 07:27:45 AM
Quote from: MHSfan on July 08, 2013, 05:56:20 AM
Lantz(ellsworth-Div2)Roddick,Winchell(Sparta-div2)Davies-?        Bahr(West Salem-Div3)=not such a big limb       I'm not saying he will not lose any matches, I'm just thinking this calm young man will have a very good shot at some state titles.
West Salem I believe is D2. That regional with WS and Sparta is is loaded with studs. I don't want to put a target on his back but Bahr is the real deal probably not.against Lantz but I would take him over everyone else.
Gold medals aren

EIUwrestler1

Padre put together a pretty good list.  I have been able to watch a bunch of those kids wrestle at a national level and dominate, and have seen them beat some good high school kids this summer.  I look forward to seeing them in high school the next 4 years.  LAW had a great graduating class with most of it in the bigger weights.

Hand Control

Mat Time ,thanks for the correction on West Salem being D2.

Mommabear

Ryan Ponick (Stanley Boyd)

DocWrestling

Will Brock Benitz be a freshman?  Where?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

aarons23

Brock is a sophomore....in Rapids the last I heard.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

padre

Quote from: aarons23 on July 08, 2013, 05:10:31 PM
Brock is a sophomore....in Rapids the last I heard.

Wrestled for Rapids in the summer duals.....and aaron is right that he will be a sophomore.  He is definitely a threat to place in D1....had a good close match with Braxton Potrykus that day and dominated the rest.

Irish

catzfan

cal hansen, marshall
brady shulfer, bayport
austin engel, athens