Started by TomM, October 15, 2019, 01:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

How has the NFL officiating gotten so bad so quickly? It's crazy. It's not just this game.

I know that anyone not a Packer fan is complaining about the hands to the face (twice) and the bad penalty for targeting that wasn't, but the TD that the Lions were given wasn't a TD. It was 4th down as well, so that score goes away for sure.

The Packers are a good team, but the WR talent....

Allison UDFA
Kumerow UDFA
Valdez Scantling 5th round pick
Sheppard UDFA

I'm all for finding someone to trade for. Someone upset with the lack of winning, etc. I'd consider the malcontent Antonio Brown if his legal issues are gone on a one year deal.

I was surprised at how well they stopped the run last night.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Stop it Ghetto ...
1) Those receivers are just fine. improving all the time. (maybe more passes could be thrown to them 'in stride' and 'not behind' them regularly..)..
2) The calls have always been like this. Your TV just has better resolution than in the past. I propose getting rid of instant replay.

There you go, now get rid of field goals in the last two minutes of the games and eliminate punting as an alternative and the game would be just fine.

And I should know, I have over 15 years experience coahing 'JV', freshman and freshman 'B team' football.

The Last Ride

Quote from: Ghetto on October 15, 2019, 12:02:08 PM
How has the NFL officiating gotten so bad so quickly? It's crazy. It's not just this game.

I know that anyone not a Packer fan is complaining about the hands to the face (twice) and the bad penalty for targeting that wasn't, but the TD that the Lions were given wasn't a TD. It was 4th down as well, so that score goes away for sure.

Allison UDFA
Kumerow UDFA
Sheppard UDFA

I'm all for finding someone to trade for. Someone upset with the lack of winning, etc. I'd consider the malcontent Antonio Brown if his legal issues are gone on a one year deal.

Shepherd not ready for primetime. Please sign a new punt returner ST guy. Lazard plays better then the others. I think they should trade for playmaker WR or TE. Graham is really struggling. He did hang on to a ball for a big first down. 5-1 and with Adams missing last two games.
The Lions second half drive chart -
3 plays, -8 yards
4 plays, 2 yards
7 plays, 34 yards
5 plays, 6 yards,
4 plays, 8 yards
6 plays, 16 yards But the Refs!!!!!!!!!!!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Ghetto

Quote from: TomM on October 15, 2019, 04:32:19 PM
Stop it Ghetto ...
1) Those receivers are just fine. improving all the time. (maybe more passes could be thrown to them 'in stride' and 'not behind' them regularly..)..
2) The calls have always been like this. Your TV just has better resolution than in the past. I propose getting rid of instant replay.

There you go, now get rid of field goals in the last two minutes of the games and eliminate punting as an alternative and the game would be just fine.

And I should know, I have over 15 years experience coahing 'JV', freshman and freshman 'B team' football.

The WR aren't fine.

Rodgers makes them marginal at best.

This is a good team. If they want to win it all, they are going to need a decent option after Adams.

TomM

Quote from: Ghetto on October 15, 2019, 10:02:26 PM
The WR aren't fine.
This is a good team. If they want to win it all, they are going to need a decent option after Adams.
Wait! What?
You questioning a guy with my deep football coaching pedigree? Sheesh...
They are going to have to take some of the air out of the ball (ala Patriots) so the GBP receivers can catch it behind their back like a jugler.
Adams will be back.
Graham is a slow starter.
Kumerow responds when they target him.

Now get a hold of yourself Ghetto...  8)

Ghetto

Quote from: TomM on October 15, 2019, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on October 15, 2019, 10:02:26 PM
The WR aren't fine.
Wait! What?
You questioning a guy with my deep football coaching pedigree? Sheesh...
They are going to have to take some of the air out of the ball (ala Patriots) so the GBP receivers can catch it behind their back like a jugler.
Adams will be back.
Graham is a slow starter.
Kumerow responds when they target him.

Now get a hold of yourself Ghetto...  8)

I am just an opinionated fan. I have never coached football. I can barely manage a fantasy football team to more than one win per season.

That said...

Adams will be back, and he takes pressure off of everyone else by taking away the best DB.

I think you meant Graham is slow. That guy is like a statue out there. When Marcedes Lewis is catching more balls, its a problem. I still have no idea why they kept Graham.

Kumerow is the WR version of Brett Hundley. Looks like a player in the preseason beating up on guys who are now working construction, but once the regular season comes, he can't get open. Sheppard is a smaller version of Kumerow, but same idea applies.

Rodgers is throwing back shoulder stuff because the WR can't separate from coverage.

TomM

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on October 15, 2019, 12:02:08 PM

Allison UDFA
Kumerow UDFA
Sheppard UDFA

Very nice improvements in run D. Brown is not out guy. Talented dipstick. I hope he never plays again. Only thing that will kill that arrogance is to learn the hard way.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Packers picked up Ryan Grant, who was with the Raiders. Not THAT Ryan Grant. Younger version.