Andrew Luck is retiring from the NFL

Started by TomM, August 24, 2019, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Andrew Luck is retiring from the NFL, ESPN reports
ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported the shocking retirement of the 29-year-old Colts quarterback. Schefter says Luck feels "mentally worn down."

Andrew Luck is 29 years old. And ready to move on from the NFL.

Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» at least 1 concussion
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

The Colts have known that QB Andrew Luck was seriously mulling retiring for at least two weeks. He's married, he plans to travel the world, and once the love for the game waned, it sounds like he wanted to step away. So, he did.

Worth mentioning with the insane Andrew Luck retirement news: Colts sudden starting QB and apparent future at the position, Jacoby Brissett, is scheduled to hit free agency in March.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Not long ago, I read that Luck noted his time off due to injury probably saved his marriage.  For that reason, I was not very surprised at his response to this latest injury.  He's accumulated enough money to seek a healthier balance in his life.  I certainly wish him the best, going forward.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Always seemed like a cool guy. I'd rather make less money and live better. Hope he does.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.