Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Another 70's flashback loss. :(
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Fire McCarthy now!  Don't wait until the end of the season.  He needs to go now!
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

There just seems to be a cloud over this team. Someone makes a huge blunder, a ridiculous call goes against them, or something. Last night it was the fumble and that stupid penalty on the punt.

Why are we even rushing the punter on 4th and 21? The field position loss, even though the defense stopped them, was an issue.

Does McCarthy have a personal issue with Aaron Jones? Yes dude fumbled in a bad spot (unlike Montgomery he owned it fully with the press) but he is lightning to the hole. The kid plays at a different speed than everyone else. He makes cuts at full speed. Having Williams come into the game periodically to spell him and keep him fresh is fine, but Jones should get 65% or more of the snaps. He's averaging 6 yards a carry. That's crazy.

Jimmy Graham is a shadow of his former self. He can't get open most plays. Neither can Randall Cobb. Hopefully Allison can come back, though the young WRs are doing well.

Rather than cut ties with McCarthy, I'd like to see them cut Matthews and Perry. Awful. No pass rush from them. Nick Perry had one good year in a contract year and now he is back to the same pile of garbage he was before. He doesn't even have to have his uniform washed in between games, unless he is being cut blocked and falls to block another Packer like he did twice last night. I know that Gute like to draft athletes. Draft some bigger ones instead of safety sized bodies. Go draft a guy that can run and bend and get to the QB.

With all the issues, the North is still in reach. The division is bad. Right the ship, get hot, and see what happens in the playoffs.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

harley

2 Things

1. The North Division is not good at all
2. The Packers are not a good football TEAM!!

MNbadger

Aweful, offense and pathetic defense......saw this the first two games of the season.   Too ugly to watch.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bkraus

Let's punt on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes left.   ???  What the....................................................
Strive for Perfection

littleguy301

people there is alot of things to do on thursday nights, sundays and monday nights and soon to be saturday nights.

thursday night duals
friday night big ten or something on flow
satuarday tournaments
sunday big ten channel or once again flow
monday night, watching the recap of big ten in 60 minutes.

also, Badger home duals at any time during the weekend if they are not on, I would suggest "scouting" other teams if you feel that need ;D ;D ;D ;D

so for all you die hard packer fans, the world is still good and very good to be honest without watching the packers! trust me I know!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

Never say Never... :D WE WIN OUT AND GET IN!.... :o ahhhh not likely!   
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Love to see a wild card; but that doesn't solve the problem of flat out stinkin'. Chicago's probably going to pound us. Notice how they've IMproved and we've descended into dah crapper. had to happen sooner or later.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Personally, I don't think Chicago is that good, although they are tougher at home this year. Getting Khalil Mack has obviously been huge. Lions QB Stafford handed the Bears the game on Thanksgiving with two really bad interceptions.

Things could tighten up quite a bit in the next two weeks.

* Packers have two winnable games at home - Arizona and Atlanta.
* Vikings have two tough road games - Seattle and New England.
* Chicago should have an easy game against the Giants, but they are on the road and may need to use their back up QB again. Then they have the Rams at home. This is a key game for the Bears this week.

The Packers need to find out why we are looking so bad in the 2nd half of games lately. And break the 0-6 road streak slump. The only remaining team on the schedule with a winning record is the Bears.

Can Randall Cobb or Jake Kumerow provide a boost?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigG

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on November 29, 2018, 12:08:25 PM
Personally, I don't think Chicago is that good, although they are tougher at home this year. Getting Khalil Mack has obviously been huge. Lions QB Stafford handed the Bears the game on Thanksgiving with two really bad interceptions.

Things could tighten up quite a bit in the next two weeks.

* Packers have two winnable games at home - Arizona and Atlanta.
* Vikings have two tough road games - Seattle and New England.
* Chicago should have an easy game against the Giants, but they are on the road and may need to use their back up QB again. Then they have the Rams at home. This is a key game for the Bears this week.

The Packers need to find out why we are looking so bad in the 2nd half of games lately. And break the 0-6 road streak slump. The only remaining team on the schedule with a winning record is the Bears.

Can Randall Cobb or Jake Kumerow provide a boost?

Not that good YET. They have shown marked improvement almost every game. GBP has shown marked crap stain most games. We're still in. All is forgiven with a Super Bowl win.  :)

Ghetto

Quote from: maggie on November 29, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

The ridiculous amount of things that have to happen for the Packers to get in isn't going to happen. Not only do we have to win out, but basically everyone in the NFC has to lose every game going forward.

Time to jump on the Bucks bandwagon.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

GradeTough

Cowboys won tonight. Get on the band wagon now.

TomM

Quote from: Ghetto on November 29, 2018, 10:41:21 PM
Quote from: maggie on November 29, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

The ridiculous amount of things that have to happen for the Packers to get in isn't going to happen. Not only do we have to win out, but basically everyone in the NFC has to lose every game going forward.

Time to jump on the Bucks bandwagon.

Tampa Bay?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"