NOW?!?!?!?!

Started by bkraus, December 02, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Play tough to start with 2 pointers are inconsequential because you are leading.........

So I think that question if it has to be asked is already focusing in the wrong issue.....

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrastle63

Quote from: ramjet on December 06, 2018, 01:06:27 PM
Play tough to start with 2 pointers are inconsequential because you are leading.........

So I think that question if it has to be asked is already focusing in the wrong issue.....
Exactly! I like the idea of going for two but that is not the reason to hire/not hire a coach. Even if we go for two and get it every time against Cardinals we still lose. If we miss one of those two pt conversions we need a td instead of a fg.

Our next coach doesn't have to go for two, but they do have to get this team ready to play hard and score points. THere are only two times this year we scored 30 points.... with Rodgers that is unacceptable.

Ghetto

I don't think he was referring to the coaching change.

If the Packers are ahead, most schemes will work better on both sides of the ball. They don't have to "all pass" or blitz more or whatever to catch up.

Just my interpretation.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 07, 2018, 09:08:10 AM

I see. We just ask the prospective coach if the Packers will "play tough" and if he says "Yes," we hire him. Got it.

Do you think Bill Belichick's offense is always the best because they "play tough"? I'd say it's because of his ability to find edges.

--To understand that when "X" team plays Cover-2, a Seam + Corner route combination on the strong side leaves them unable to help on the Wheel route on the weak side.
--Or, in the playoffs against Baltimore, he figures out he can toggle between eligible and ineligible receivers from play to play in the same formation, and eventually, the Ravens will cover an ineligible receiver and leave an eligible one open, thinking he's a blocker.
--Or, he'll just not hand the ball off for an entire half because he has an advantage is in the pass game.
--Or, run the same dive to the full back 8 straight times.
--Or, he'll liberally run "trick plays" because they work and using one doesn't hurt the effectiveness of the next one.

The NFL is a thinking man's game now. Schemes win. If we hire a caveman whose chief strategy is "play tough" rather than accumulate fifty 1% edges (like the 2-point conversion down 14), we've already lost.

You lost me at "X"   :o
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on December 08, 2018, 05:50:50 AM

I see. We just ask the prospective coach if the Packers will "play tough" and if he says "Yes," we hire him. Got it.

Do you think Bill Belichick's offense is always the best because they "play tough"? I'd say it's because of his ability to find edges.

--To understand that when "X" team plays Cover-2, a Seam + Corner route combination on the strong side leaves them unable to help on the Wheel route on the weak side.
--Or, in the playoffs against Baltimore, he figures out he can toggle between eligible and ineligible receivers from play to play in the same formation, and eventually, the Ravens will cover an ineligible receiver and leave an eligible one open, thinking he's a blocker.
--Or, he'll just not hand the ball off for an entire half because he has an advantage is in the pass game.
--Or, he'll liberally run "trick plays" because they work and using one doesn't hurt the effectiveness of the next one.

The NFL is a thinking man's game now. Schemes win. If we hire a caveman whose chief strategy is "play tough" rather than accumulate fifty 1% edges (like the 2-point conversion down 14), we've already lost.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=who%27s+on+first&view=detail&mid=786105BBAD2138D1AE92786105BBAD2138D1AE92&FORM=VIRE
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on December 08, 2018, 09:08:17 AM
Quote from: TomM on December 08, 2018, 05:50:50 AM

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=who%27s+on+first&view=detail&mid=786105BBAD2138D1AE92786105BBAD2138D1AE92&FORM=VIRE

Yes!  :P
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

Let me simplify it for you; score more points than your opponent you win.

The way you are running the interview; " What's you're 2 point strategy? " Great strategy for hiring a coach.  ::) ::) 

Ghetto

It's a struggle to listen to sports radio anymore. Do people really believe the mess coming out of their mouths? I am stunned that people think that because Joe Philbin is now the head coach, all is right in the world.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't call the plays directly, but he certainly does change them when he wants to. That isn't going to change. Did Philbin do anything really different yesterday than McCarthy did as a play caller? if so, I must've been nodding off when that happened.

Guys are going to play hard because they know that if the coach is fired, and losing continues, they are on the chopping block. They have to play well to preserve their jobs.

Atlanta is garbage. They look like they are phoning it in. They are missing starters in their line as well. It's too bad breaks didn't go our way early, because the schedule lined up well at the end of the year.

Ghetto

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 10, 2018, 09:05:38 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on December 10, 2018, 08:25:09 AM
It's a struggle to listen to sports radio anymore. Do people really believe the mess coming out of their mouths? I am stunned that people think that because Joe Philbin is now the head coach, all is right in the world.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't call the plays directly, but he certainly does change them when he wants to. That isn't going to change. Did Philbin do anything really different yesterday than McCarthy did as a play caller? if so, I must've been nodding off when that happened.

Guys are going to play hard because they know that if the coach is fired, and losing continues, they are on the chopping block. They have to play well to preserve their jobs.

Atlanta is garbage. They look like they are phoning it in. They are missing starters in their line as well. It's too bad breaks didn't go our way early, because the schedule lined up well at the end of the year.

When McCarthy was fired, and people in the industry dug into what he was calling, it was clear that McCarthy's route combinations were simplistic and stagnant. Nothing new. Nothing innovative.

It's hard as a fan watching the game from the sideline, rather than on the All-22 tape, to know if Philbin changed anything. It's near impossible to overhaul the entire system in one week. Maybe he added some incremental stuff, but by-and-large, he's still dealing with McCarthy's playbook.

I did notice what I thought was a tweak; that early on, Rodgers was getting the ball out of his hand quicker. Taking the first read. His ability to extend plays and improvise is an asset, but if he relies on it too much, it leaves easy opportunities on the table.

I don't listen to local sports talk, but if they're saying everything is fixed, they're wrong.

I agree that the offense has not changed in recent years. One could argue that with a new TE, two rookies getting significant time at WR, and Jones missing time with a suspension, that a simple offense was better.

Rodgers WAS getting the ball out earlier. I agree that his improvising and trying to hit the home run has hindered the underneath stuff that seems to be constantly open. That isn't a system change, and really that has nothing to do with Philbin, assuming that McCarthy wouldn't be in the way of the OC and the quarterback talking.

ramjet

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 10, 2018, 09:06:37 AM
Quote from: ramjet on December 08, 2018, 07:35:54 PM

Let me simplify it for you; score more points than your opponent you win.

The way you are running the interview; " What's you're 2 point strategy? " Great strategy for hiring a coach.  ::) ::) 

Let's be honest. We're simplifying it for you.

Outstanding you make stupid comment and then deflect. That's hilarious just like you  ::) ;D

maggie

no matter who is put in to be our next head coach, if you have ANY player/Players that believe they are bigger than the team IT WON'T WORK OUT!   ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

Wow. I just want a coach the players will get behind and preform
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 12, 2018, 09:42:09 AM
Wow. I just want a coach the players will get behind and preform

...and a team leader who won't disrespect the coach.  Disappointed in Rodgers this year, in that regard...