OACH....EMBARRASSED

Started by maggie, January 22, 2017, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Dear TT, These might come in handy come draft day, Ya might have to spend a few buck, Marlon Humphrey, Deshaun Watson, Teez Tabor, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker,Jabrill Peppers, Trade Up And Get A Few !
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

not a bad idea either there maggie.

a few more DB is probably and hopefully on the agenda!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Of those guys, we want DBs. Humphrey is likely a top 10 pick, and we'd have to give up a lot for him.

Deshaun Watson isn't going to be a player in the NFL.

I like Teez Tabor. I think he's undervalued, and the Packers won't have to move up as far. Jabril Peppers is a tweener DB/safety. With the way the Packers move guys around, he might be very valuable.

We also need guys to rush the passer. Yes Randall and Rollins have been subpar, but there is little pass rush coming at all. Matthews isn't getting there. Nick Perry is going to ask for a good chunk of change. I think they bring him back if they can. Peppers has to be gone. He was a great find, and worth it up until this season, but he faded down the stretch. Datone Jones is a waste of space. Fackerell is worth keeping at his very low salary, but he's a spot player and not going to make consistent plays.

Great season. Frustrating end.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Let's see how they spend the money in the offseason that will dictate any moves in the draft.

Heck of an exciting season.

Jordy is beast and I am happy he got aTD.

Running back our depth in defense was totally depleted. Shore up the secondary. Hold on too the offensive line.

littleguy301

keep the line intact!!!!! though maybe drafting one wouldnt be out of line.

RB,,,not sure as to what to do. I liked the idea of Ty M in there and I think Micheals could be a fit also. Adding one in the draft isnt out of line.

WE/TE I forgot how long Cook signed for but adding a WR in the draft wouldnt be a bad idea.

DL,,,,now here is where I scratch my head. While I like what we have I do think we need some depth. OK out side Daniels and an improving Clark I like but then,,,,what FA or draft?

LB,,,,I have thought for a few years that Matthews is over rated. I think the Packers have him signed but finding a replacement wouldnt be a bad idea. I would like to see Perry back but that is going to cost some $$$. Peppers for a way reduced rate for his leadership/locker room wouldnt be out of the relm.

DB/S Dix and Brunnet are steady if not a very good tandem. Hyde is an awesome nickel or where ever the Packers need him. Shields is gone. Rollins and Randall, still have a another year or 2 under contract. Maybe sophmore slump, not sure just not ready to give up on them just yet. Gunther, love his heart but I think many that read this could beat him in a foot race. Draft is a need big time here and probably a FA.

So with that said,,,,,

draft
DB or 2 a must but if a FA could be found, draft one pretty high
OL never hurts to have another young big body around
DL see the description for OL though if there is one in the second I wouldnt mind either
WR I would love to see a 2nd or 3rd round on a WR. in this day and age cannt have enought of them
RB,,,,,3rd to 5th round on one of these guys unless there is one on the FA market at a reasonable price

FA
dl,,,,FA might be the best fit right now for the next season
rb,,,I might be the only one that thinks maybe a change of pace guy to burdon some of the load. If the Pack doesnt draft a rb in the middle rounds, wouldnt mind finding one in FA
wr,,,,I would rather see drafting a guy in the 3rd round that can learn and fill in. Adams contract doesnt have much left and I wonder how much Cobb and Nelson have in the tank.
db wouldnt mind picking up a quick fix to go along with a draft pick.
and I think finding an LB or signing Perry is a must!!!!!!

so I believe on the FA market finding a LB if they dont sign Perry is a must
DL I think a FA would be nice
DB finding one in FA and drafting one would be the right thing to do
rb,,,,,not a big deal in FA because I believe they can find one in the draft in the 3rd to 5th rounds.

So 2 to 3 FA and build in the draft would put the Packers in the hunt again.

Houndhead

I think they bring Lacey back on a one year deal and Monty is the 3rd down/change of pace back. Need a real pass rusher and a shutdown corner. Not sure how they find them. As I watched the game yesterday, I was wondering what makes anyone think the defense will be any better next year? We are not getting any injured players back that will make it better.

bigG

We need some tact in handling injuries, it seems. Droppin' like flies all season.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

beanertimm

DB - probably need a free agent and a draft pick here as I don't think Shields will play again, if we can get a solid pick late in the first round, that should be our pick
LB - we are better with Mathews inside, he is way overrated at OLB.  Sign Perry, keep Peppers if you can get him at a reasonable price, and look for a speed rusher on the outside
OL - try to resign Lang for a three year deal,  with Tretter having surgery, perhaps the Pack can sign him reasonably, otherwise I think the OL is in good shape
RB - Lacy on a one year deal, just don't trust him to maintain weight any longer than that, Montgomery and Michaels as the change of pace backs, where Montgomery can play either WR/RB

One thing that TT has to look for is speed.  We just don't have enough of it.

I would like to see a change with our defensive coordinator.  I am not blaming this performance on Dom Capers, because our defense was decimated with injuries.  But I think it is time for a change. 

Ghetto

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 22, 2017, 11:27:24 PM

RB,,,not sure as to what to do. I liked the idea of Ty M in there and I think Micheals could be a fit also. Adding one in the draft isnt out of line.

WE/TE I forgot how long Cook signed for but adding a WR in the draft wouldnt be a bad idea.

DL,,,,now here is where I scratch my head. While I like what we have I do think we need some depth. OK out side Daniels and an improving Clark I like but then,,,,what FA or draft?

LB,,,,I have thought for a few years that Matthews is over rated. I think the Packers have him signed but finding a replacement wouldnt be a bad idea. I would like to see Perry back but that is going to cost some $$$. Peppers for a way reduced rate for his leadership/locker room wouldnt be out of the relm.

DB/S Dix and Brunnet are steady if not a very good tandem. Hyde is an awesome nickel or where ever the Packers need him. Shields is gone. Rollins and Randall, still have a another year or 2 under contract. Maybe sophmore slump, not sure just not ready to give up on them just yet. Gunther, love his heart but I think many that read this could beat him in a foot race. Draft is a need big time here and probably a FA.

So with that said,,,,,

draft
DL see the description for OL though if there is one in the second I wouldnt mind either
WR I would love to see a 2nd or 3rd round on a WR. in this day and age cannt have enought of them
RB,,,,,3rd to 5th round on one of these guys unless there is one on the FA market at a reasonable price

FA
rb,,,I might be the only one that thinks maybe a change of pace guy to burdon some of the load. If the Pack doesnt draft a rb in the middle rounds, wouldnt mind finding one in FA
wr,,,,I would rather see drafting a guy in the 3rd round that can learn and fill in. Adams contract doesnt have much left and I wonder how much Cobb and Nelson have in the tank.

rb,,,,,not a big deal in FA because I believe they can find one in the draft in the 3rd to 5th rounds.

Agreed about the offensive line. That is a really good group. Barclay and Spriggs are good enough to start for a lot of teams in the NFL. You need that depth. Draft another guy in rounds 3-6 just to maintain that depth.

I don't think Michael is an upgrade over Starks. Lacey will have to come back (at least I hope) on a small contract. Lacey, Starks, and Montgomery, along with Ripkowski, give you some serious depth and production at that position.

Pretty sure Cook was on a one year deal. He needs to be locked up longer term. I'd say 3 year deal. I think he sees what Rodgers can do for him financially if he strikes a bigger deal after playing a few years in Green Bay. Richard Rodgers is a decent backup.

We need a straight line burner that isn't dumb as a stump. Janis is a great gunner on special teams, but he's never gonna get the offense. He's proven that. We need a version of him that can play offense. Geronimo is a decent big target, but not fast. Jordy Nelson is awesome, but he's on the wrong side of 30. Cobb is a slot guy and so is Montgomery. I'd say a mid round pick wouldn't be a waste on a WR.

The D line I think is a strength. Daniels and Clark are both active and getting better. Daniels is a pro bowler without the recognition. Lowry is ok. Guion is better than average (did anyone see him playing guard late yesterday?) Datone Jones can go. Just never panned out.

Agreed totally on DBs. Can't give up on Rollins and Randall, but they weren't good. I love Maggie's idea of Jabrill Peppers or the Florida kid. I'd take both in the first round if I could. It's a passing league. Never too many DBs.

We need Linebackers all day at all positions IMO. Nick Perry was by far the biggest playmaker. Ryan is getting better, and I hope that Martinez will as well, but neither is going to be a pro bowler in their careers. Joe Thomas was a steal. Best all around linebacker on the roster.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on January 23, 2017, 12:48:55 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 22, 2017, 11:27:24 PM

So with that said,,,,,

draft

FA

Agreed about the offensive line. That is a really good group. Barclay and Spriggs are good enough to start for a lot of teams in the NFL. You need that depth. Draft another guy in rounds 3-6 just to maintain that depth.

I don't think Michael is an upgrade over Starks. Lacey will have to come back (at least I hope) on a small contract. Lacey, Starks, and Montgomery, along with Ripkowski, give you some serious depth and production at that position.

Pretty sure Cook was on a one year deal. He needs to be locked up longer term. I'd say 3 year deal. I think he sees what Rodgers can do for him financially if he strikes a bigger deal after playing a few years in Green Bay. Richard Rodgers is a decent backup.

We need a straight line burner that isn't dumb as a stump. Janis is a great gunner on special teams, but he's never gonna get the offense. He's proven that. We need a version of him that can play offense. Geronimo is a decent big target, but not fast. Jordy Nelson is awesome, but he's on the wrong side of 30. Cobb is a slot guy and so is Montgomery. I'd say a mid round pick wouldn't be a waste on a WR.

The D line I think is a strength. Daniels and Clark are both active and getting better. Daniels is a pro bowler without the recognition. Lowry is ok. Guion is better than average (did anyone see him playing guard late yesterday?) Datone Jones can go. Just never panned out.

Agreed totally on DBs. Can't give up on Rollins and Randall, but they weren't good. I love Maggie's idea of Jabrill Peppers or the Florida kid. I'd take both in the first round if I could. It's a passing league. Never too many DBs.

We need Linebackers all day at all positions IMO. Nick Perry was by far the biggest playmaker. Ryan is getting better, and I hope that Martinez will as well, but neither is going to be a pro bowler in their careers. Joe Thomas was a steal. Best all around linebacker on the roster.
Cook was a 1 year deal, playmaking TE is a must. Reading his note on twitter, he loves GB.

Janril Peppers is probably to slow at DB, to small at LB. not sure we need another safety at that value.

Ivan Stankowski

They were 1 game away from the Super Bowl, not as much is broken as some on here think!! Is there room for improvement heck YES!! But really its not that bad

ramjet

I think most would agree Cook was a good value for this year and may end up being a co tributary if we can get the deal done at that value for a longer term.

We need to seek out some additional FA that could shore up the secondary.

Draft a good RB cut Michaels or Lacy not overly impressed with Michaels.

The line keeping our line together another year goes along ways to keeping Rodger upright. But if we do not get a running back that can get those tough yards consistently it allows defenses to tee off on Rodgers and makes it really tough on our line. Running back is a huge just like depth in the secondary and linebacker.

maggie

Cook will be getting that big money now that he has proved himself..DB .DB .LB .LB  OK,OK RB...One or 2 that knows how to tackle would be nice this time around.. :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on January 23, 2017, 07:22:46 PM
Cook will be getting that big money now that he has proved himself..DB .DB .LB .LB  OK,OK RB...One or 2 that knows how to tackle would be nice this time around.. :)

Not sure I agree Rodgers was throwing the ball to him of course he looked good. Not sure he will get that big of money but then again he might?

littleguy301

I just hope the Packer do address the DB situation in both the draft and FA.

Then I would say number 2 would be LB

then third another WR.

I am willing to give Micheals a go with a off-season and training camp under his belt. With the Packers offense kind of hard to toss a RB from a run first offense into what the Packers do. I could be wrong but a less than half of a season run is just to short of a time to say he is junk. I do know Lacy is talented but has weight issues and that has been proven for 2 years now.