USA banned from the 2017 World Cup

Started by crossface21, February 03, 2017, 11:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkraus

Honestly I would be concerned going there if I was on the team.  They said they would let the US come.  Never said anything about letting them leave.  I have been in that region a few times and to say things were always shaky over there would be an understatement.  I really hope our embassy is ready for them to be there, and a US representative keeps all the passports under lock and key.  I hope for a great tournament and everything going smooth.  But I will be concerned for our wrestlers until they arrive back home.
Strive for Perfection

bigoil

Quote from: bigG on February 08, 2017, 07:23:34 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 08, 2017, 06:22:33 AM
Quote from: bigG on February 08, 2017, 06:05:55 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 04, 2017, 05:36:39 PM
If he thinks Iran is a great country and you side with him, have at it and to live there.

I guess that was something you didn't want to read. :) Funny how that works.

Anyone who respects Iran should git on out! ;) Common man!
I read it. The people of Iran are rabid wrestling fans that doesn't change what the government of Iran has and is doing. I'm not sure there has been a year that Iran has t had sanctions on them from every president since Carter. They threatened a missle strike at any one of our 36 military bases within striking distance.

Kind of like the US. Our politicians don't rep the people. They represent the other politicians. here it's money, there, it's religion. I couldn't help but notice how great their wrestlers are in terms of sportsmanship. Great country, led by clowns. Reminds me of home.

Either way, nice to see they'll welcome us.
There are certainly parallels but quite a few perpendiculars as well....

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Quote from: bkraus on February 08, 2017, 08:05:22 AM
Honestly I would be concerned going there if I was on the team.  They said they would let the US come.  Never said anything about letting them leave.  I have been in that region a few times and to say things were always shaky over there would be an understatement.  I really hope our embassy is ready for them to be there, and a US representative keeps all the passports under lock and key.  I hope for a great tournament and everything going smooth.  But I will be concerned for our wrestlers until they arrive back home.

I've never been to Iran. What was shaky about it? Just like most of those folks only have media to inform them about us, all I have is media to learn about them. Everytime I see people go to Iran (mostly cooking shows) the folks there seem pretty nice.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.