Burroghs gold medal final match on in minutes!

Started by Handles II, September 18, 2013, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handles II

lampe to follow on same mat.  Burroughs is up 4-0.

Handles II

Burroughs wins gold 4-0,  Lampe wins Bronze with a fall (really nice 3pt throw)!

CLC FAN

You're quite right... a thread about Jordan Burrough's amazing accomplishment on a broken ankle no less is really not the place to bring up this debate...

so don't bring it up man!

Handles II

TLV, nice way to screw up a thread about some great wrestling.

bigG

I didn't even know his ankle was dangling. My God, we may well have the best wrestler on earth representin'.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

And the second best wrestler at 74kg was in the stands in Dake.
Strive for Perfection

Handles II

Bronze for Elaina Periskova (sp?)

Same link for the burroughs match (above) is still working for live streaming from the worlds.

TLV

Quote from: bigG on September 19, 2013, 08:20:19 AM
I didn't even know his ankle was dangling. My God, we may well have the best wrestler on earth representin'.

Big G, know that he tweeked his ankle pretty bad in training. Don't think it was broken. BUT, just in case he  couldn't compete, Dake went over as well. Gold Medal match the Iranian stayed really low to prevent JB's freighttrain of a double, and JB still stronger with  2 push outs and quicker with great shot.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Ofhsfan

I went to website and can't get the live only completed matches. What am I doing wrong?
I would like to watch Greco on my ipad connected to tv

Handles II

The live finals and bronze were both about the same time of the day here (so same time of the night there?). If I remember right they started about noon yesterday.

bkraus

The finals start at noon everyday.  Prelims and other rounds begin at 6am.
Strive for Perfection

CLC FAN

Quote from: bkraus on September 19, 2013, 08:21:49 AM
And the second best wrestler at 74kg was in the stands in Dake.

Think about this... in the whole tournament, JB only gave up 3 points.  In match 2 against Dake at the Trials what did Kyle put up, 6 right? 

In one sense it's a shame that they are at the same weight, but I think having someone that tough chasing you is great for Jordan and having someone that good to chase after is good for Kyle. 

TLV

Go to www.themat.com; they've posted just about all of the World Matches. Look at Alyssa Lampe's bronze medal match.......unreal strength!!
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

bigoil