High School Results

Started by Dragons Fire, December 03, 2023, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragons Fire

Deciding whether I make this 2 hr 40 Minute trek to Marshfield, I am always tempted by great wrestling. This quad is loaded with great teams! I honestly have a super dual about 10 minutes from me in Minnesota, but I am tempted to do this trip. It' the trip home I dread...

Lodi - ranked #4 in Division 2, 8 wrestlers ranked
Fennimore - ranked #1 in Division 3, 7 wrestlers ranked
Holmen - honorable mention in Division 1, 3 wrestlers ranked
Marshfield - #7 in Division 1, 5 wrestlers ranked

Who comes out on top? I have the lineups broken down, but being the Newb I am to Wi wrestling, don't know the wrestlers well enough. Any thoughts on these duals?

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Dragons Fire on December 22, 2023, 09:12:14 AMDeciding whether I make this 2 hr 40 Minute trek to Marshfield, I am always tempted by great wrestling. This quad is loaded with great teams! I honestly have a super dual about 10 minutes from me in Minnesota, but I am tempted to do this trip. It' the trip home I dread...

Lodi - ranked #4 in Division 2, 8 wrestlers ranked
Fennimore - ranked #1 in Division 3, 7 wrestlers ranked
Holmen - honorable mention in Division 1, 3 wrestlers ranked
Marshfield - #7 in Division 1, 5 wrestlers ranked

Who comes out on top? I have the lineups broken down, but being the Newb I am to Wi wrestling, don't know the wrestlers well enough. Any thoughts on these duals?

100% yes make the trip! I haven't looked into the duals too much but I'll be on the call there and we can share some thoughts beforehand! Early thought is that with a full lineup I'll give the nod to Fennimore to walk away 3-0

Dragons Fire

It would be nice to meet you! Yeah, I am interested in the Brennan and Gratz matchup. I thought Brennan looked good at the Christmas tournament. Gave Brandon Valley kid a good match...I thought. Gratz is a big dude, who apparently likes to throw, from what I remember the guys talking about at the Big Cheese. So could be fun! Hopefully...

Fennimore is top heavy with talent. Little softer down low, so could be an interesting dual between Fennimore and Holmen. Could go 7 wins each. Comes down to bonus. With a swing match or two in there. I mean that's just me looking at stats, that's where the nuisances of knowing the wrestlers comes in, that I don't know well enough yet.

I just see some great duals here! 

thats2!

Who won the Lodi vs Fennimore dual? Can't find it on track.

Army Ant

Oz125

Wow! Great tournament but I couldn't help but notice the depth of state placewinners and qualifiers at 126. That will be fun weight class to watch.

hutgoose

Does anyone know if OTW will release seeds?

bigoil

Quote from: Oz125 on December 26, 2023, 12:20:36 PMWow! Great tournament but I couldn't help but notice the depth of state placewinners and qualifiers at 126. That will be fun weight class to watch.
And 4 #1's at 120lbs.

Dragons Fire

For Wisconsin schools, I am going with Aquinas having the most finalists with four. For the Minnesota schools going with Chatfield having 3 finalists.

Dragons Fire

My biggest complaint about Wisconsin high school wrestling coverage is there is no aggregate location to easily find results. Their are alot of podcasts, rankings, videos, and such. But sifting through Trackwrestling season information is not always the easiest or fastest. I end up picking and choosing what I want to see for results, but always nice to be able to scan through a page and see all the results. Part of the reason I created this thread, thinking people from each school would post results.

Even when links are given for highlighted duals on Rokfin through a thread, not everyone makes the time to watch it, but would love to spend a couple minutes looking at the results. Fennimore vs Iowa Grant for example. Big matchup, but no follow up. I scanned to the end of the video to see the score and post on the thread, but just don't have the time to watch everything, plus nothing posted on track for results. Schools themselves have to do a better job of promoting their programs.

Just my thoughts, if want to grow the wrestling in Wisconsin. Always nice to click a link to the results the day after and see what happened around the state. That is how I start my morning in Minnesota. Looking through an aggregate list of results on the guillotine.

Anyways just some thoughts from an outsider looking in.

Houndhead

To me, it's like Trackwrestling used to be easier to find the results. Now it seems like often there are 2 listings for the same match and one of them doesn't get you anywhere.

harley25

I need to find a ROFKIN guide for dummies, man I struggle on  that site.

TomM

Quote from: Houndhead on January 22, 2024, 10:52:23 AMTo me, it's like Trackwrestling used to be easier to find the results. Now it seems like often there are 2 listings for the same match and one of them doesn't get you anywhere.

I have assumed that (two postings and one is not functioning) is due to some team in the event posting it to trackwrestling somehow in their schedule. I am 'trackwrestling challenged', so don't take my explanation for fact.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Dragons Fire

Okay, How does D1 do the Team tournament for Sections. Reading the information they say they start Semifinals at 6pm. Do they have a team tournament before team sections to determine the top four teams that compete in the semifinals. I am not seeing any dates for that...