High School Results

Started by Dragons Fire, December 03, 2023, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ledger

Troy Grindle

Glad to see a judgment stall call cost Hopke his first high school loss.  On a shot that he initiated.  Hopke out wrestled that kid the whole match but two at best borderline stall calls and a restart that shouldn't of happened cost Hopke the match.  That ref should have swallowed his whistle all match.
And then there was that.

henry33

I agree! Very sad to see a judgement call lose the match for Hopke.  He was clearly the aggressor the entire match...What I have heard about Hopke is this will only make him more determined and train harder. 

Army Ant

Surprising. He spanked that guy at folktale nationals I think.

Ledger

The kid from SD has a scholarship to KState to play OL so I assume he's really big.  That's Hopke's only weekness is size.  I'm sure he'll put on some more muscle at Minnesota.

tex

Questionable calls to say the least
 Sometimes refs need to let kids decide the match. Hopke definately the aggresor. 4 shots to 0. Refing not an easy job but not asking too much to be aware of type of match going on and ref accordingly and let the kids win it or lose it. For a kid chasing history and working his butt off, not a good way to decide the match. Take nothing away from sd kid i believe 3 or 4 time state champ and undefeated over last three years. A great wrestler but kids on the mat should have decided that match. Good luck to both going forward.

Dragons Fire

That Brandon Valley kid was BIG! Dude could move too. I am sure he will be a great college football player. Hopke was the aggressor and it sucks to lose on a penalty point for 1st loss of high school career. Took the loss like a champ though.  The Holmen heavyweight gave BV kid a good match. Might be someone to watch, once he fine tunes some of the nuisances of wrestling, only a 10th grader.

ckwrestler

Quote from: Ledger on December 16, 2023, 06:20:20 PMHopke has a loss....crazy

what was the tournament? anyone have a link?

Dragons Fire

Navarro Schunke   from Brandon Valley, South Dakota is nationally ranked by Mat Scouts at #5 at 285. He took 3rd at Fargo last summer.  It was a great match, fun to watch high level talent get after it. Schunke is sort of a freak of nature with his super light, agile feet for being such a big guy. Looking forward to the Cheese Head to see some of those super matches.

bigoil

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Kmack44

Quote from: Troy Grindle on December 17, 2023, 10:35:34 AMGlad to see a judgment stall call cost Hopke his first high school loss.  On a shot that he initiated.  Hopke out wrestled that kid the whole match but two at best borderline stall calls and a restart that shouldn't of happened cost Hopke the match.  That ref should have swallowed his whistle all match.

This is happening often this year.