Rankings...getting really close

Started by rankingcommittee, December 16, 2020, 08:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkKnight

Seems possible. national scene doesn't always equal state scene.

factfinder

Quote from: TheWrestlerOne on December 23, 2020, 02:17:24 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on December 23, 2020, 10:35:37 AM
Quote from: TheWrestlerOne on December 23, 2020, 09:58:11 AM
Max Ramberg is ranked 6th in the state, well he's ranked 20th in the country

Wow. and that freshman Hopke #7. Looks like a stacked weight class to me...Some fun potential matchups there.
I think if Max Ramberg is 20th in the nation he should be number one in the weight class
Max had a great showing at Super 32 and then wins Preseason Nationals the next weekend, he had to beat the 13th ranked kid in the nation in the finals. I believe he went 5-1 last weekend in the Dells and beat a kid ranked above him. Not sure they got this one right? It is very hard to find all the information right now so I understand the mix up.

littleguy301

Quote from: factfinder on December 23, 2020, 02:57:11 PM

Wow. and that freshman Hopke #7. Looks like a stacked weight class to me...Some fun potential matchups there.
I think if Max Ramberg is 20th in the nation he should be number one in the weight class
Max had a great showing at Super 32 and then wins Preseason Nationals the next weekend, he had to beat the 13th ranked kid in the nation in the finals. I believe he went 5-1 last weekend in the Dells and beat a kid ranked above him. Not sure they got this one right? It is very hard to find all the information right now so I understand the mix up.

Very true on that statement. With kids all over the place wrestling and at very different weights from last year it is hard to track all of the great Wisconsin wrestlers!

I see by the post that getting teams to enter into track is difficult so putting kids at the right place and rank is very difficult.

220 is shaping up to be a very good weight class for sure!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

madeyson

I have to add - Max Ramberg is one of the best kids I have ever met - watched him on a team this summer, all of the kids really enjoyed getting to know him! Will be cheering for this kid into his college career. Hard working, never gives up - so much fun to watch. Wisconsin has some pretty dang good upper weights - going to be fun to watch!

beastmode

I bet if someone forwarded this info to the ranking email, he most likely would been ranked 1st....
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Ledger

Stupid question, but where are you guys finding the updated rankings?  I still see last season's rankings only.

blacknblue

In the December 21 Rankings thread. I don't think they are linked to rankings dropdowns yet.
You can drill and waste your time or you can drill and get better. Either way we're going to drill! - D.G.

GO BLUE!!

DarkKnight

The rankings are in the forum here.

I see Ramberg beat the D1 #5 Perelshtein by a score of 1-0 last Friday. Alot of good wrestling hopefully ahead of us, when regionals are confirmed... as that's how I'm thinking. I remain optimistic on that. Until otherwise.

What matters most is how they finish on the state podium.. and 220 is a talented weight class in our state.

BennyJammin

Quote from: tyben on December 23, 2020, 07:23:25 AM
You do realize they released the rankings?

Yeah didn't see the thread til after I posted.

thequad

Brillion Reginal;
Number 1 Wrightstown
#3 Brilion
#4 Luxemburg/Casco
#12 Denmark
HM Freedom
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

hammer

Quote from: DarkKnight on December 24, 2020, 07:58:58 AM
The rankings are in the forum here.

I see Ramberg beat the D1 #5 Perelshtein by a score of 1-0 last Friday. Alot of good wrestling hopefully ahead of us, when regionals are confirmed... as that's how I'm thinking. I remain optimistic on that. Until otherwise.

What matters most is how they finish on the state podium.. and 220 is a talented weight class in our state.

Ramberg also beat Hoffman that evening 3 to 0. Ramberg also beat Mccomas from West Virginia on the same night and he was in the rankings this fall and had a rough elite 8 or national duals in Maryland.

Sounds like the Ramberg kid like close matches and alot of them!

NoFooForU

Quote from: thequad on December 24, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Brillion Reginal;
Number 1 Wrightstown
#3 Brilion
#4 Luxemburg/Casco
#12 Denmark
HM Freedom

How do you block someone on this forum?  I really don't want to listen to the crying out of the D2 community with their regional BS.

dman

Quote from: NoFooForU on December 27, 2020, 08:03:16 PM
Quote from: thequad on December 24, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Brillion Reginal;
Number 1 Wrightstown
#3 Brilion
#4 Luxemburg/Casco
#12 Denmark
HM Freedom

How do you block someone on this forum?  I really don't want to listen to the crying out of the D2 community with their regional BS.

Pretty easy...go to your account settings, find where you can delete your account, and then delete it.  Win Win for everyone.

DarkKnight

Agree.

Denmark is arguably top 6 and Freedom and Two Rivers throw in more top end talent. it is the most brutal regional I've seen.

Let Quad be. Just don't read his stuff if you don't want to.