D1 Quarter Finals

Started by MarkK, February 25, 2016, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspan43

I count 4 undefeated, and 8 one loss wrestlers that went down in the first two rounds.  :o

mat time

Stokke/Samson didn't disappoint
Gold medals aren

CTonsor

Quote from: mat time on February 25, 2016, 08:04:51 PM
Stokke/Samson didn't disappoint

Thought it would be more tightly contested. Stokke is a beast!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: aspan43 on February 25, 2016, 07:17:48 PM
I count 4 undefeated, and 8 one loss wrestlers that went down in the first two rounds.  :o

this is why we need to seed, these guys should have an easier path to the finals, they shouldn't be knocked out in the quarters... we need to seed!!

joking obviously.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bigG

Quote from: statewrestling22 on February 25, 2016, 05:55:21 PM
Klein got screwed.  That was 2 on Ziebell. Ziebell is a lucky kid.  That was 2.

LOL!!! There's a reason the hire a ref to ref. If you were calling it, your kid would always get the bennie of the doubt. Ziebell's coach might call it quite the opposite.

So, I guess we have to go to the boring old default. Did the ref call 2?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

neutral

Too much great wrestling to see it all.

I wish they would run D1 Q-finals on mats 1&2 only along with the first rounds of D2 on mats 3&4 and D3 on mats 5&6. That would allow an opportunity to watch more of the action.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

DocWrestling

Quote from: neutral on February 26, 2016, 08:26:52 AM

I wish they would run D1 Q-finals on mats 1&2 only along with the first rounds of D2 on mats 3&4 and D3 on mats 5&6. That would allow an opportunity to watch more of the action.

This lengthens out the night greatly for the wrestlers and coaches so they might not like it but I do think most fans are division specific for their priorities watching so fans would like it.  It makes sense when tickets are sold based on what division also for side of the arena.  There would be a lot more fans present all at once on Thursday. Some coaches might like it because then they would have time to coach and prepare each wrestler rather than having multiple wrestlers going at once.  I think most D1 coaches and wrestlers are long gone out of arena Thursday night and they like that.

I know as a fan I would have liked it this way just with watching at home last night
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 26, 2016, 08:54:05 AM
Quote from: neutral on February 26, 2016, 08:26:52 AM

This lengthens out the night greatly for the wrestlers and coaches so they might not like it but I do think most fans are division specific for their priorities watching so fans would like it.  It makes sense when tickets are sold based on what division also for side of the arena.  There would be a lot more fans present all at once on Thursday. Some coaches might like it because then they would have time to coach and prepare each wrestler rather than having multiple wrestlers going at once.  I think most D1 coaches and wrestlers are long gone out of arena Thursday night and they like that.

I know as a fan I would have liked it this way just with watching at home last night

it would not be any longer to run the qts at the same time as D2 D3, you have 4 matches at each weight in each division, not matter how you run them they will take the same amount of time. I have wanted it this way since going to the D2 and D3 matches on Thursday it would be the best way to watch it and put the most butts in the stands at once.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

maggie

futureguy, a big scramble took place and Pitzner did a Ben Askren look alike and Funked him out...i believe the score was tied
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY