Thank You Bracket Gods

Started by Han Solo, February 21, 2015, 10:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han Solo

Breske and Reinhardt on opposite sides.   :)

Kraus and Lee on Thursday though.  Bummer.  It will make for a great match Thursday. 
Never tell me the odds!

wrestlinglife1

Rematch from the Cheesehead.......

crossface49

Krattiger & Gundrum to possibly meet in the Semi's. Can't wait.

tiger

Han Solo

Quote from: tiger on February 22, 2015, 07:23:37 PM
Smith vs Adams thursday night!

Yep.  Lots of good matches Thursday.  The top side of 160 is stacked too.
Never tell me the odds!

tiger

Yeah... Massie v. Gundrum... Krattiger v. Ramos

Paul Harvey

Quote from: tiger on February 23, 2015, 07:58:04 AM

All on the same side of the bracket. No disrespect to anyone on the other side because they are all good but this really is a shame for those kids. One of those four will not make the podium.

It happens every year so I shouldn't be surprised I guess..... :(
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 23, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

All on the same side of the bracket. No disrespect to anyone on the other side because they are all good but this really is a shame for those kids. One of those four will not make the podium.

no disrespect to your post but if you loose twice before the medal round maybe the podium was not in your future.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Chuck

Everyone has their opinion on who the top 4,5 or 6 kids are. No way to have everyone's opinion the same. Like others have said seeding not an option. All teams take different paths through the course of the year. D3 126 is another I noticed after looking at new rankings. 1,3,4 and 5 all on same half. I am sure there are more.

ICEMAN112

All Great Wrestlers but don't overlook their first matches they have to get through first. Someone has Pinned and Majored 2 of them in the past. Just FYI. Win or Lose those kids earned the trip and they will be exciting to watch.

Paul Harvey

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 23, 2015, 11:53:16 AM
Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 23, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

no disrespect to your post but if you loose twice before the medal round maybe the podium was not in your future.
Yes, understood, but arguably, if say the four best wrestlers happen to be on one side, one will not medal. The point is we will never know the way it is because all of this is speculation. As a fan I would like to see it run like any other tournament to try and eliminate some of the lopsided brackets.
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

Dale Einerson

I don't believe it is factually correct to presume that each side of a bracket produces 3 medalists.

Out of Nowhere

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 23, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
I don't believe it is factually correct to presume that each side of a bracket produces 3 medalists.
Sadly it is.  The two semifinalists from each side and then the one who comes through the back side of that half.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Out of Nowhere on February 23, 2015, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 23, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
Sadly it is.  The two semifinalists from each side and then the one who comes through the back side of that half.

so the two "losers" from same side meet again before medal round?

even though, I would still say... you lost twice and didn't even wrestle the other top wrestlers in the bracket, should we reward that by trying to make sure you take 5th or 6th?

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: futurerichguy on February 23, 2015, 12:51:58 PM
Quote from: Tews19 on February 22, 2015, 07:31:02 AM
Krat was ridiculous yesterday.  Hard to see a flaw in his wrestling. High wrestling IQ for sure. I won't be surprised if he is standing on top at the end of next week.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that would make Krat the heaviest Freshman state champ in WIAA history.  We had this discussion two years ago when Breske won it at 152 lbs.

Breske is heaviest