Bill Farrell

Started by wrastle63, November 16, 2019, 07:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onwisconsin

I know, tough cut in season.  Will be great if he qualifies today.

buc65

Gross wins 12-1. In the finals.

onwisconsin

Gross great win in the semi's.   Tomasello next in the finals.   

head57

Explain for someone who has no clue how today's tournament works for Olympic qualifying.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

imwi

Quote from: head57 on November 16, 2019, 12:46:29 PM
Explain for someone who has no clue how today's tournament works for Olympic qualifying.

If Gross wins, he qualifies for the Olympic Trials.  He has to win

bigoil

Quote from: head57 on November 16, 2019, 12:46:29 PM
Top US Place winner not already qualified, must be top 3, is qualified to the trials.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I think these are the criteria..

If you win the tournament you qualify for the olympic trials.

If you are the US top finisher and place 3rd or better, you qualify for the Olympic Trials. (other countries are ahead of you)

If the top US finisher has already qualified for the Olympic trials, and you finish 2nd or 3rd, and you are the 2nd US finisher, you qualify
(i.e. Kyle Snyder's weight)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

wrastle63

Seth Gross dominates NATO and wins by tech in the finals. He's qualified for the Olympic trials.

leg turk

That was incredible.. Congratulations Seth!

imwi

Looked to me he handled the weight cut just fine

vsmf2010

Wow! That was impressive. Never really watched him wrestle freestyle much. I thought it would be a good fit because of his counters but he is a beast with the 2 on 1 and he really controls the space. He is going to be tough to beat.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: vsmf2010 on November 16, 2019, 06:20:04 PM
Wow! That was impressive. Never really watched him wrestle freestyle much. I thought it would be a good fit because of his counters but he is a beast with the 2 on 1 and he really controls the space. He is going to be tough to beat.
That was awesome to watch!! He is a beast and will is such an awesome presence to have in Madison on so many fronts!!

Harris

Great job.  As someone whose athletic career was cut short due to injury, I am guessing he is really grateful for this second chance and I am very impressed with his comeback.  He is taking nothing for granted and wrestling at an exceptional level.