Connor Brown

Started by Raiders14, February 02, 2019, 02:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiders14

Anyone know when when Connor will be back? Rotando has done well, but curious when Brown will be ready. Options are good to have.

onwisconsin

On the other thread Luke mentioned he was sick/illness.  Praying you get well soon Connor. 

billymurphy

There is a huge drop off when the varsity guys are out of the lineup at both 125 lbs and 174 lbs. 
There is no use sugar coating it. 

onwisconsin

Thank you Luke.   Get healthy quickly Connor! Not solely for wrestling, but for life as well.   

npope

While I have no inside information, looking at the pieces of the puzzle suggests that the Badgers aren't expecting Brown back this season. There is no reason to pull a red-shirt for a kid just to fill in a spot for a couple of dual meets (whose results really don't matter for much either way) - doesn't matter if he's a journeyman or not. Hope I am wrong though.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

leg turk

If he's out for the year, wouldn't they just come out and tell us?  I don't see what the benefit would be in hiding it.

wrastle63

Could be waiting to see if he heals up?

I could see Brown and Christensen getting a medical redshirt if they aren't able to compete the rest of the season.

stbird

No way!  They wrestled way too much to get a medical red shirt. 

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 04, 2019, 10:52:43 AM

I could see

Brown and Christensen getting a medical redshirt if they aren't able to compete the rest of the season.

imwi

Quote from: stbird on February 05, 2019, 05:22:34 PM
No way!  They wrestled way too much to get a medical red shirt. 

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 04, 2019, 10:52:43 AM

I could see

Brown and Christensen getting a medical redshirt if they aren't able to compete the rest of the season.

I don't know if there is a hard and fast rule on those medical redshirts but I seemed to think the same thing when I first read that, like they wrestled quite a bit to get a medical.  Didn't they both wrestle through the Midlands?

dad 2 5

Quote from: leg turk on February 04, 2019, 10:01:09 AM
If he's out for the year, wouldn't they just come out and tell us?  I don't see what the benefit would be in hiding it.

The Barry haters would have been all of this a year ago but Bono and crew get a first year free pass ;)

dad 2 5

Zander is 6-5 last year had got in 16 matches
Connor 11-3
Ryan is 14-5

I thought I heard something about 33% or less to apply for an extra year but I don't remember for sure and to compare Evan had 37 matches last year, Ryan had 40 last year

leg turk

Quote from: grappler6 on February 06, 2019, 06:40:02 PM
A guy with ties to SDSU posted on the Guillotine that he was told Brown is leaving Wisconsin.

If true, I'm guessing we will never hear why. ☹️

stbird

They provided no support to that position, just passing on rumors is what it looked like to me. 

wrastle63

Not a good situation. Best of luck to Rotundo. Hopefully he can get some big wins for us.

leg turk

Quote from: stbird on February 08, 2019, 08:37:25 AM
They provided no support to that position, just passing on rumors is what it looked like to me. 

Huh?