Next years lineup?

Started by leg turk, March 07, 2018, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: The Legend on March 21, 2018, 07:59:23 AM
Whether he makes it or not.  He is planning for 184 (Facts).  I think he makes it.  Lay a wager?
That is the plan, but I don't think he ever makes it. He would have lost over 25lbs.

So how do you know Schoenherr would get tech falled by Lantz?

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 21, 2018, 09:08:09 AM
Whether he makes it or not.  He is planning for 184 (Facts).  I think he makes it.  Lay a wager?
That is the plan, but I don't think he ever makes it. He would have lost over 25lbs.

I kind of have to agree with Legend on this one.  Lantz has a few years of experience in the college room.  Remember when Thielke came here, and Graff put a whoopin on him?  I wasn't there, but heard plenty about it from guys that were there.  That's the way it works, coming out of High School, you are way behind, unless of course you are someone named David Taylor or Spencer Lee or Kyle Dake.  Not sure he would tech him, but I bet it would be ugly for a year.

bigoil

Quote from: leg turk on March 21, 2018, 09:13:11 AM

I kind of have to agree with Legend on this one.  Lantz has a few years of experience in the college room.  Remember when Thielke came here, and Graff put a whoopin on him?  I wasn't there, but heard plenty about it from guys that were there.  That's the way it works, coming out of High School, you are way behind, unless of course you are someone named David Taylor or Spencer Lee or Kyle Dake.  Not sure he would tech him, but I bet it would be ugly for a year.
I believe the JS also has been in the BRTC room before so this could have happened.

Numbers

Winter 2017/18 does not equal Winter 2018/19

It might be a "current" depth chart.
"Projected" is just an opinion unless is comes from the coach (and that is still vacant)
In 7+ months the "actual" is what counts!

Keep telling Mason what he cannot do.  Mason was not going to win a WIAA title his senior year either.

wrastle63

Quote from: Numbers on March 21, 2018, 09:35:49 AM
Winter 2017/18 does not equal Winter 2018/19

It might be a "current" depth chart.
"Projected" is just an opinion unless is comes from the coach (and that is still vacant)
In 7+ months the "actual" is what counts!

Keep telling Mason what he cannot do.  Mason was not going to win a WIAA title his senior year either.

Agreed. And personally I believe in Mason more than anyone on this board. I just don't think he can lose 25lbs. If he does that would be awesome, because I believe he is a starting caliber wrestler. He has beaten multiple guys who have been ranked. I think it would be best for the team to have Ritter at 184 and Reinhardt at 197, but I am not the coach.

wrastle63

Thielke and Graff are in much different positions though. An AA and a high schooler compared to Schoenherr and Lantz.

CLC FAN

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 21, 2018, 09:57:42 AM

Thielke and Graff are in much different positions though. An AA and a high schooler compared to Schoenherr and Lantz.

It's a dumb argument to jump in on, but hey, what's the offseason for!

It was a multiple time AA versus the second coming - a kid who was winning college opens as a high school underclassmen.  I think the point being made is that the highest level of high school achievement possible often times doesn't even scratch the bottom of just run-of-the-mill D1 college achievement.  That's what makes recruiting so tough.  In 90+ percent of cases, you are recruiting a guy to do something that he is nowhere close to doing right now.  You are recruiting his potential to learn, grow, and change, his willingness to start at the absolute bottom and claw his way up.  A lot of the kids who can do that are stud high schoolers / 4 time state champs etc.  BUT a lot of your stud high schoolers / 4 time state champs can't do that.  So how do you tell which is which?

Back to the point, if Legend says he has seen the results of Lantz vs Schoenherr, fine.  If he hasn't - I'd still be inclined to agree with the "Lantz by a ton" line of thinking.  There's not much you can do as a high schooler that simulates a few years in a D1 college room.   

wrastle63

Well he has been in the college room training with the RTC. If he certainly has gotten beat by Lantz fine. But I haven't heard or seen it and highly doubt that would happen. I can admit when I'm wrong, but there has been nothing to prove so far that he would get tech falled and has no chance. Also Schoenherr may never make 133 that might just be wishful thinking by me.

mkm13

Lantz has only teched one guy the last 3 years, and that guy was terrible.  If Lantz is teching Schoenherr, that is not a good sign.

mkm13

It would be nice if Konrath could still make it to 125.  I think 125 will clear out some next year with people trying to avoid Spencer Lee, or just moving up in weight because of a big cut (Lizak and Suriano).  I think Konrath could have some success there if he can make it. 

Jimmy

What about McKee and thorn.I don't see lizak going up.

wrastle63

Quote from: Jimmy on March 22, 2018, 12:34:40 PM
What about McKee and thorn.I don't see lizak going up.
He will. McKee might redshirt.

Barou

I would be more surprised if McKee didn't redshirt than if he did. 
JHI Mafia

leg turk

Mrs Wick straightening things out on twitter..
**Just to clarity, so i don't have to read it for the next year. Zander wick will NOT be a 149lbr next year.  That is way too big of a cut.
Evan will need a major growth spurt to make 186, he didn't even cut weight this season. Eats 3 sushi rolls the night before weigh ins. Lol

mkm13

Hope Zander can make a full recovery soon so he is 100% next year.  Crazy Evan didn't cut this year that is impressive.

That leaves Martin and Bahr to battle it out for 149.  I think Martin can be pretty good at 149 with an off-season to get bigger.