World Team Trials

Started by thedecider, June 06, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Evan Wick beat somebody from Princeton 12-5. Was down 3-0 on a (IMO) questionable call and then just poured it on.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Barou

Quote from: Ghetto on June 09, 2017, 10:47:27 AM
Do they know the results immediately? I'm guessing no.

Cole Martin just had a nice win against Chad Red from Nebraska.

Ben Hornickle is currently losing to Brady Berge, who I think is going to Minnesota.

Berge is going to Penn State.
JHI Mafia

wrastle63

Kinda disappointing Wick lost to Hidlay has beaten him previously. But some great results like Cole Martin.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrastle63 on June 09, 2017, 01:12:22 PM
Kinda disappointing Wick lost to Hidlay has beaten him previously. But some great results like Cole Martin.

Just watched it now. Job got in the way of watching it live. Getting thrown for four early wasn't great. His length is going to give guys problems. It's also going to give him problems at times. There are times when he can't move his feet quickly enough to avoid takedowns. That said, he's gonna be pretty good. He wasn't outclassed at all in any match I've ever watched him wrestle.

Hungus

Flo-arena is a steaming pile compared to Track
Hard to navigate and get results
These tournaments should be on Track
You're killing me Smalls!!!

aarons23

Quote from: coconut joe on June 09, 2017, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: hammen on June 09, 2017, 07:04:07 AM
He tested positive for a stimulant. Hearing a few rumblings that it was a substance that wasn't supposed to be in a supplement he was taking - either a faulty batch or the company that made the supplements didn't fully disclose. I could see this being the case just given that JO is appealing. This happened to a few CrossFit competitors about 3 years ago. Supplement companies often put crap in their supplements that they don't list on the label, and then someone ends up testing positive without any intent.

That's the oldest defense in the book...it had to be a tainted supplement ::)

Even if this is truly the case it doesn't matter.  Athletes from college on know that they're responsible for what they put in their bodies.  Odds are it's not a tainted supplement but rather a supplement that he knowingly took without doing proper research on it. 

I'd be willing to bet he used the "my dog ate my homework" excuse a lot. 

Hammen hit it on the head.  The rumors floating is how Hammen described.  We will see how it plays out.  I guess some of us choose to be optimistic knowing the system has its flaws...instead of being an old crusty negative Nelly. ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bigG

Got called in to work, so I missed the action. I've had bad experiences with Flo, doh. Like Track.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Quote from: heavy9278 on June 09, 2017, 11:29:10 PM
Flo-arena is a steaming pile compared to Track
Hard to navigate and get results
These tournaments should be on Track

Track's page is too busy. They need to clean it up IMO.

Not sure what you mean. Go to FloArena. Scroll down to World Team Trials. Click on Results.

wrastle63

Flo did a great job. They do so much more for the sport with publicity, etc. Idk how you can call it a steaming pile when they just ram WTT with no hiccups.

Micah

Quote from: wrastle63 on June 12, 2017, 09:14:40 AM
Flo did a great job. They do so much more for the sport with publicity, etc. Idk how you can call it a steaming pile when they just ram WTT with no hiccups.

Agree, I prefer floarena over track.  Track needs an updated interface, one that does not require a million clicks.  Plus it's free to run a tournament on floarena.

MarkK

Flo looked  fine.  Got the matches and results I wanted.    Competition is good.    Make it better make each other better.    Sounds like wrestling.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin