World Team Trials

Started by thedecider, June 06, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Guess I'll be Flowin'.

Thanks
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Ghetto

Where does it say he missed weight? Did they even weigh in?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Tested positive for a stimulant at Open.

bigG

aarons23

Quote from: Ghetto on June 08, 2017, 08:11:13 PM

Could be something as simple as too much caffine....he intends to petition for a wrestle off, so I'm guessing it is something like canine. I could be wrong.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

aarons23

Quote from: coconut joe on June 08, 2017, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on June 08, 2017, 08:39:09 PM

Could be something as simple as too much caffine....he intends to petition for a wrestle off, so I'm guessing it is something like canine. I could be wrong.

You're wrong.

If you have some inside info please feel free to let us all know. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

hammen

He tested positive for a stimulant. Hearing a few rumblings that it was a substance that wasn't supposed to be in a supplement he was taking - either a faulty batch or the company that made the supplements didn't fully disclose. I could see this being the case just given that JO is appealing. This happened to a few CrossFit competitors about 3 years ago. Supplement companies often put crap in their supplements that they don't list on the label, and then someone ends up testing positive without any intent.

bigG

Quote from: coconut joe on June 08, 2017, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on June 08, 2017, 08:39:09 PM

You're wrong.

Use your coconut, Joe and give us something.

hammen

It's really unfortunate. Feel bad for the guy - finally wrestling near his best and on the cusp of making his first world team. He's a really nice guy too - a couple buddies and I were in the sauna with him at UW before WTT weigh-ins in 2015. He manned the music selection and was having good conversation with us. Joey McKenna was in there dying to get off 2 kilos and JO was giving the guy a hard time (McKenna looked awful and wasn't even sweating). Turns out McKenna didn't make weight and ends up drawing JO first round at 65 kg. Pretty funny stuff.

I doubt he wins the petition - but hoping he comes back hungry and strong.

bigG

Lotta work to not compete. Still, rules is rules.

lizard king

If you don't pass a drug test you should not compete, bottom line and I don't feel bad no matter how nice you are.  If you are guilty of knowingly taking something, you should be done for ever, no matter how nice you are.

Ghetto

Do they know the results immediately? I'm guessing no.

Cole Martin just had a nice win against Chad Red from Nebraska.

Ben Hornickle is currently losing to Brady Berge, who I think is going to Minnesota.

hammen

Huge win by Cole. Red beat Cole 13-3 at Midlands this past season.

Ghetto

Zander Wick lost 10-0 to Alex Maranelli from Iowa.