NCAA's and Jordan

Started by leg turk, February 15, 2017, 07:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

So, what IF Jordan beats Massa at the Big Tens, and wins the Big Ten tournament.  What seed would he get at the NCAA's?  Would they go by the most recent battle, or do they say Massa won 2 out of the 3?  Just curious is all.  It probably don't matter much, as 2 would wrestle 3 on the bracket, and assuming they beat others along the way.

Ivan Stankowski

I think your forgetting about IMAR

Huckfinn

Jordan has to beat Joseph to get to Massa in the Big 10.   After the last match, that is no gimme.  If he loses, he may not see Massa again; his next challenge could be Imar in the NCAA semis.   :o

Huckfinn

Just glancing at the intermat rankings,  I see Imar as the clear #1.  (I know he has some close wins,  but so did Kyle Dake.  Imar has gotten more conservative this year, but like Dake, you just know he'll get a takedown when he has to.  Imar is hard to score on)    

Behind Imar I see 7 guys who all could easily knock any of each other off at NCAAs.

1 Isaiah Martinez, Illinois  
2 Logan Massa, Michigan
3 Isaac Jordan, Wisconsin
4 Vincenzo Joseph, Penn State
5 Chad Walsh, Rider
6 Anthony Valencia, Arizona State
7 Daniel Lewis, Missouri
8 Chandler Rogers, OK State

wrastle63

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 15, 2017, 08:40:03 AM
Jordan has to beat Joseph to get to Massa in the Big 10.   After the last match, that is no gimme.  If he loses, he may not see Massa again; his next challenge could be Imar in the NCAA semis.   :o

Jordan and Joseph will be opposite sides. He will wrestle Massa in the semis.

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2017, 08:51:22 AM

Not if Joseph beats him at Big 10s

wrastle63

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 15, 2017, 08:53:33 AM

He can't beat him he is the 4 seed. He will wrestle a Wanzek type and then wrestle Massa in the semis. If he loses to Massa then he might wrestle Joseph at B1Gs otherwise he won't.

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2017, 08:58:35 AM
Quote from: Huckfinn on February 15, 2017, 08:53:33 AM

He can't beat him he is the 4 seed. He will wrestle a Wanzek type and then wrestle Massa in the semis. If he loses to Massa then he might wrestle Joseph at B1Gs otherwise he won't.

You're right.   I plead temporary insanity.   Sometimes when I count to four I get stuck towards the end.

Micah

I think Jordan has to win B10s to get seeded ahead of Massa.  I don't think just beating Massa and losing to Imar will get him the 2 seed.  Either way 2/3 seed is opposite Imar.  Just can't take 4th at B10s and end up the 4 seed at nationals.

Huckfinn

The big match at Big 10s is likely to be for 3rd place in the consolation bracket.  The prize there may be to stay out of upper bracket in NCAAs.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 15, 2017, 10:56:04 AM
He'll be on neutral ground and the refs will be calling stalling more than when he is at a home match! Don't forget about Gunther!If he gets upset he could potentially see Joseph and get knocked down to fifth place! If it goes bad for him at Bigs there is a possibility he doesn't even AA this year! These guys could definitely take him out!
Quote from: Huckfinn on February 15, 2017, 08:50:10 AM
Just glancing at the intermat rankings,  I see Imar as the clear #1.  (I know he has some close wins,  but so did Kyle Dake.  Imar has gotten more conservative this year, but like Dake, you just know he'll get a takedown when he has to.  Imar is hard to score on)   

Behind Imar I see 7 guys who all could easily knock any of each other off at NCAAs.

2 Logan Massa, Michigan
5 Chad Walsh, Rider
7 Daniel Lewis, Missouri

Gunther and Joseph will be wrestling. He won't wrestle both of them because they will be on opposite end of the bracket.

TomM

Quote from: Micah on February 15, 2017, 09:39:56 AM
I think Jordan has to win B10s to get seeded ahead of Massa.  I don't think just beating Massa and losing to Imar will get him the 2 seed.  Either way 2/3 seed is opposite Imar.  Just can't take 4th at B10s and end up the 4 seed at nationals.

I'd imagine the goal of Isaac Jordan is to win the NCAA tournament. What round he defeats Isaiah Martinez, Logan Massa, Michigan, Vincenzo Joseph, Chad Walsh, Anthony Valencia, Daniel Lewis or Chandler Rogers does not matter.

You beat each one you meet, no matter the round, or you finish below 1st. You train to win, not for a certain round.
(I realize I am preaching to the choir here Micah... just felt a need to expound...)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 15, 2017, 11:24:19 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2017, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 15, 2017, 10:56:04 AM
He'll be on neutral ground and the refs will be calling stalling more than when he is at a home match! Don't forget about Gunther!If he gets upset he could potentially see Joseph and get knocked down to fifth place! If it goes bad for him at Bigs there is a possibility he doesn't even AA this year! These guys could definitely take him out!
Quote from: Huckfinn on February 15, 2017, 08:50:10 AM
Just glancing at the intermat rankings,  I see Imar as the clear #1.  (I know he has some close wins,  but so did Kyle Dake.  Imar has gotten more conservative this year, but like Dake, you just know he'll get a takedown when he has to.  Imar is hard to score on)   

2 Logan Massa, Michigan
5 Chad Walsh, Rider
7 Daniel Lewis, Missouri

Gunther and Joseph will be wrestling. He won't wrestle both of them because they will be on opposite end of the bracket.
Gunther will most likely be on Massa's side which Jordan will be on. Joseph will be on Imar's side.
Not at B1Gs. Gunther and Joseph will be the 4 and 5. Too hard to project where they end up at NCAAs with conference tourney left to go.

wrastle63

Not going to happen. Gunther has a head to head win, a better record, and has the same amount of losses in conference. No reasonable explaination for Wanzek getting the 5 over him.

Jimmy

Do they use the rpi balongey for seeding big tens or just ncaas?