Rutgers, Friday, 2-6-15

Started by leg turk, February 03, 2015, 07:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

Quote from: TLV on February 04, 2015, 05:30:55 PMNo, I don't think that he will. I've seen Ashnault wrestle this year and I suspect that he will swarm all over JT. No upset.

I agree that Ashnault is very good.   I was surprised that Abidin from Nebraska beat him.     It wouldn't be a crazy upset for JT to win, I dare to hope.

leg turk

Anybody know if JJ is wrestling Friday night?

Huckfinn

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 04, 2015, 06:03:19 PM
Billy Smith is able to stick with excellent wrestlers at HWT.  He's about as good as 10 guys rated ahead of him.

Conner Medberry will likely win solidly, but an upset is on radar screen.  A faint blip.

I see Billy Smith moved up to #11 in Flo rankings (which I tend to trust) so he's not a secret any more.  He is similar to 3 guys ahead of him,    Ross Larson, Ty Walz, Spencer Myers.

Conner is a much more skillful wrestler, he should win.  But the Rutgers kid is tough and strong.

leg turk

19-16 Badgers.   Sure hope to see JJ back in action, he needs some mat time.

leg turk

I can't get to the match tonight, is there anyway to follow online?

dad 2 5

Anyone have the official lineups for tonight or do we have to wait until we get to the Field House.

Go Badgers!

woody53

From what I am seeing here in Madison, we have to wait to see who steps on the mat tonight.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Street Glide

Quote from: leg turk on February 06, 2015, 04:45:35 PM
I can't get to the match tonight, is there anyway to follow online?

Bigten2go

Harris

Quote from: leg turk on February 03, 2015, 07:11:09 AM
I admit, I don't know much about them.  Is there any potential good matchups?  Do we have everyone healthy yet?

Donny Pritzlaff vs. Barry Davis  ;)

Just stirring the pot as I wait.

Musky Hunter

Boy did Timmy blow it.  Horrible match. 

Harris

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Quote from: Harris on February 06, 2015, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: leg turk on February 03, 2015, 07:11:09 AM
I admit, I don't know much about them.  Is there any potential good matchups?  Do we have everyone healthy yet?

Donny Pritzlaff vs. Barry Davis  ;)

Just stirring the pot as I wait.

Barry's team won the match but it never should have been that close.

dad 2 5

that was ugly. Timmy got stunned when the double leg got stopped and did not come back from it mentally. GREAT job Frank! Jesse seems like he needs a focus on the Olympics. We need to thank him for all he has done to promote Badger wrestling and move on. We have three studs in Zeke, RT and CM. They all looked great. Looked like JJ is still recovering and getting his strength back. RR looked really good. RL seemed a little off but he'll be ok.   

Street Glide

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 06, 2015, 09:52:03 PM
that was ugly. Timmy got stunned when the double leg got stopped and did not come back from it mentally. GREAT job Frank! Jesse seems like he needs a focus on the Olympics. We need to thank him for all he has done to promote Badger wrestling and move on. We have three studs in Zeke, RT and CM. They all looked great. Looked like JJ is still recovering and getting his strength back. RR looked really good. RL seemed a little off but he'll be ok.   

Have to agree,Timmy did seem a little bashful after being stopped on his double.  Hope he moves past that.  Smith seemed to really stay away from  Medbury.  Almost as if he was satisfied to just keep it close but not score.  JJ may still be getting his legs underneath him.  Good close match.  RT dominated nicely.  JT the score spoke for itself.  JD at least avoided the pin.  Zeke came through with a well needed tech.  Nice job by Cousins and RR.  The Badgers did come away with a win which it looked to be a close dual.  Some surprising loses along with some nice wins to get the needed bonus points.  Good luck at Illinois.