Former Wisconsin Stud Anderew Howe..l.

Started by TLV, March 09, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: harley on March 09, 2014, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: TLV on March 09, 2014, 05:09:23 PM
"hosed" by the officials. How about he "Lost" to a National Champion and leave it at that. He lost 3-2. And if I remember correctly that's about the score that he beat the OSU kid earlier in the season. Was the OSU kid 'hosed"?

Did you watch the match? Please do

Just watched the match. Howe got hosed more than once. I am so tired of watching a wrestler win without scoring 1 offensive point or even attempting an offensive move. Perry stalled for 3 periods, was neutral pinned, and got incredibly lucky.

Howe won in the Dual 4-2 Takedown and Reversal to 2 escapes for Perry.

Perry has not scored one offensive point in either match. If they wrestle in the NCAA finals Howe will most likely choose neutral unless he has at least a 2 point lead, wrestle the entire match like he did the 3rd period, and take down Perry 3 times. It is probably better that Howe gets the 2 seed (assuming he does) because I am not sure Perry would even beat Kokesh.

stbird

I just watched it as well.  That was a mockery of a reffing job!  Ridiculous.  Howe had at least 6 points taken off the board that he earned.  In the interview it appeared that Perry was kind of embarrassed that he won the match.  He did ride the heck out of Howe though.  I've never seen anything like that before.  Howe was clearly the winner. 

CLC FAN

Could anyone share a link to the video?  I don't think it's on flowrestling.

whatever

Yeah, I searched for about a half hour last night and couldn't find it anywhere, either.

Little help?
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

J Feiner

If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

aarons23

Picture may not tell whole story.....first you clearly can not see the other shoulder...the ref is in position to see it. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Badger_Fan

Quote from: aarons23 on March 14, 2014, 04:45:13 PM
Picture may not tell whole story.....first you clearly can not see the other shoulder...the ref is in position to see it. 

I think it has more to do with officials hesitation to call a defensive pin. If memory serves me, Perry was defensively pinned by Storley last year.

Troy Grindle

What do you mean that you can't see the other shoulder?  I can see his left shoulder right under Howe's back and with how flat that looks, that means everything else attached to it is going to be that flat.

Considering how quickly pins are called at the D 1 level this should have easily been a pin.  The only thing that I can think of is that is happened so quick that it caught even the ref off guard.  I really wish that I could see the match.  But like whatever I couldn't find the match either last night when I went searching for it.
And then there was that.

Harris

That is a great picture!  Send that one with a signed autograph to that ref  ;)

aarons23

Quote from: Troy Grindle on March 14, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

What do you mean that you can't see the other shoulder?  I can see his left shoulder right under Howe's back and with how flat that looks, that means everything else attached to it is going to be that flat.

Considering how quickly pins are called at the D 1 level this should have easily been a pin.  The only thing that I can think of is that is happened so quick that it caught even the ref off guard.  I really wish that I could see the match.  But like whatever I couldn't find the match either last night when I went searching for it.

You can not see both shoulders in the picture unless you have X-ray vision.....the ref is in the best position to call this.....this is like calling a pin from the stands.......I'm not saying he is or he isn't.....just that you can not tell in this picture and the ref is in great position to make the call....so we have to trust him to make the call.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Troy Grindle

aaron,

I don't know what you are looking at, but you can clearly see Perry's left shoulder socket in between the mat and the middle of Howe's back.  If Perry's left shoulder socket is touching the mat then I would have to say the rest of his left shoulder is also touching the mat when the whole rest of his body is above him being suspended in the air. 

You are correct the ref obviously has the best position to make the call.  But with how quickly pins are called on the collegiate level most any time this would be called immediately.  I would like to see the match in real time to see what it looked like.
And then there was that.

hammen

If Howe is in a control position (riding), that's a fall. Falls without established control will not get called a fall - and I think that's for good reason. I am not doubting Andrew's control in the position, and from everyone's comments it seems like he was the best wrestler in that match, but anyone can still a picture at zero seconds and call a fall. Andrew will undoubtedly use this to fuel the fire for the ncaas, and I'll bet this was better for him to take a loss right before ncaas.

If anyone wants to see a fall - see the churella/Hendricks photo in the NCAA finals (somewhere between 2006-2008)

JAMMIN

Shoulders are flat.  Pin.  You don't need the line drawn to connect the dots.