"The Mayor"

Started by woody53, February 01, 2019, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Haven't heard from him. Usually he talks about the amount of straight years you have attended State. This will be my 44th years, "working" the State Tournament. I will ask for The Major. How long have you attended. Straight and over all?
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

I sat by him last year!! Seen the nekoosa gear and had to ask.

Keaton Kluever

I have attended the last 7 state tournaments. This year will be the first year I won't be able to attend if I was able to go, I would most definitely go. The Kohl center is like no other place. Especially from a fan perspective, its a great time being able to sit back and watch dreams come true, upsets, and so on. Like I have said the Kohl center has this different feeling as a wrestler that anything can happen on any given of those 3 days. Can't wait to get back and watch the state tournament in a couple years!

woody53

Quote from: Keaton Kluever on February 03, 2019, 06:05:05 PM
I have attended the last 7 state tournaments. This year will be the first year I won't be able to attend if I was able to go, I would most definitely go. The Kohl center is like no other place. Especially from a fan perspective, its a great time being able to sit back and watch dreams come true, upsets, and so on. Like I have said the Kohl center has this different feeling as a wrestler that anything can happen on any given of those 3 days. Can't wait to get back and watch the state tournament in a couple years!
Thanks Keaton.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Redleader52

This tournament will mark my 19th straight tournament. What do I win for my 20th?

Steve_L

imnofish

Heading down to State for the first time in 13 years.  I coached or attended with my son for decades.  My son and I will attend Fri. and Sat. this year.  Really looking forward to being there in person and not trying to watch online!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on February 04, 2019, 09:21:25 AM
Heading down to State for the first time in 13 years.  I coached or attended with my son for decades.  My son and I will attend Fri. and Sat. this year.  Really looking forward to being there in person and not trying to watch online!

Dang may have to catch up!

Middle teens straight for me, high teens some where in there. Did go for many years straight just had trouble walking through the doors lol
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Numbers

I will try to introduce you to someone who I think is at 60 or 61 in two weeks. 

I think there was 2 missed years in there so not sure how many were consecutive.

Rat

This will be my 24th straight year. Suite 106 b stop in and talk wrestling.

jeast

Counting 4 in Illinois, one in Iowa and the rest in Wisconsin, this will be my 44th. Without a miss.
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

imnofish

Quote from: jeast on February 04, 2019, 03:29:50 PM
Counting 4 in Illinois, one in Iowa and the rest in Wisconsin, this will be my 44th. Without a miss.

That's awesome!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 04, 2019, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 04, 2019, 09:21:25 AM

Dang may have to catch up!

Middle teens straight for me, high teens some where in there. Did go for many years straight just had trouble walking through the doors lol

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chuck

First state tournament was in 1978, haven't missed yet.

CLC FAN

Woody -

I hope you take an enormous amount of pride in what you do for the Wrestling Community in Wisconsin.  Yes, the kids make the tournament fantastic every year.  But there are ways to add to or subtract from the overall fan experience.  Mat stoppages, scoreboard issues, unhelpful time tables... all of that would detract from the experience, and yet these are notably absent EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  I don't really want an answer to this question because it might take the thread on a negative spin, so rhetorically - when was the last time there was so much as a hiccup in the running of the state tournament?  I'm on 14 years straight and I can't remember even one.  That, folks, (at least during my 14 years) is Woody and the crew he puts together.  People on this thread have been coming for decades, and your hard work has made it a positive experience year in and year out.  Thank you for all the work you put in.