Wick boys 2017-18

Started by leg turk, March 10, 2017, 07:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Can we expect both of these guys to be Badger starters next season, and if so, at what weights?

wrastle63

157 and 165 taking over for Ruschell and Jordan. Rest of the lineup stays the same besides replacement at HWT.

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2017, 07:37:59 AM
157 and 165 taking over for Ruschell and Jordan. Rest of the lineup stays the same besides replacement at HWT.

One of them is a little better than the other, correct?  Is that the heavier one?  Looking forward to watching these guys.

wrastle63

The one who will be wrestling 165 did this at Midlands(at 157). Ream, Shields, DiBlasi, Langenderfer, Rushcell, and Griffin are all NCAA qualifiers.
Varsity - Cons. Round 1 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) received a bye
Varsity - Champ. Round 1 - Colston DiBlasi (Iowa State) over Evan Wick (Wisconsin) (Dec 7-1)
Varsity - Cons. Round 2 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Anthony Petrone (Northwestern) (TF 16-1 3:10)
Varsity - Cons. Round 3 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Carver James (Illinois) (MD 13-4)
Varsity - Cons. Round 4 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Kyle Langenderfer (Illinois) (Dec 10-5)
Varsity - Cons. Round 5 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Clayton Ream (North Dakota State University) (TF 20-2 6:31)
Varsity - Cons. Round 6 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Timothy Ruschell (Wisconsin) (MD 15-3)
Varsity - Cons. Round 7 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Alex Griffin (Purdue) (Dec 5-2)
Varsity - Cons. Semis - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Colin Heffernan (Central Michigan) (Dec 10-7)
Varsity - 3rd Place Match - Joshua Shields (Arizona State) over Evan Wick (Wisconsin) (MD 8-0)

lizard king

Too bad that there is even a thread about next year.... That said I am excited about the Wick boys, they look really tough at this level, Even was really fun at Midlands.

wrastle63

Ream is the #6 seed at Nationals and Evan teched him. Pretty impressive.

Manty77

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2017, 08:33:55 AM
The one who will be wrestling 165 did this at Midlands(at 157). Ream, Shields, DiBlasi, Langenderfer, Rushcell, and Griffin are all NCAA qualifiers.
Varsity - Cons. Round 1 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) received a bye
Varsity - Champ. Round 1 - Colston DiBlasi (Iowa State) over Evan Wick (Wisconsin) (Dec 7-1)
Varsity - Cons. Round 2 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Anthony Petrone (Northwestern) (TF 16-1 3:10)
Varsity - Cons. Round 3 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Carver James (Illinois) (MD 13-4)
Varsity - Cons. Round 4 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Kyle Langenderfer (Illinois) (Dec 10-5)
Varsity - Cons. Round 5 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Clayton Ream (North Dakota State University) (TF 20-2 6:31)
Varsity - Cons. Round 6 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Timothy Ruschell (Wisconsin) (MD 15-3)
Varsity - Cons. Round 7 - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Alex Griffin (Purdue) (Dec 5-2)
Varsity - Cons. Semis - Evan Wick (Wisconsin) over Colin Heffernan (Central Michigan) (Dec 10-7)
Varsity - 3rd Place Match - Joshua Shields (Arizona State) over Evan Wick (Wisconsin) (MD 8-0)
Heffernan is also a qualifier (seeded #11)

leg turk

Quote from: lizard king on March 10, 2017, 08:36:59 AM
Too bad that there is even a thread about next year.... That said I am excited about the Wick boys, they look really tough at this level, Even was really fun at Midlands.

Sorry, just trying to make small talk before the action starts up next Thursday.

Those are pretty impressive stats!  Thanks.

lizard king

No, it's all good I agree we need some things to talk about this week, and they are fun to look forward to.  That Heffernan win was big.  He is also a very tough kid.

dad 2 5

I am excited to see what they are able to do and also what Ben Stone does at hwy (maybe that is an assumption). I think he is developing more than I first thought. The Wick could have solid careers from what we see this year.

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 10, 2017, 11:30:46 AM
I am excited to see what they are able to do and also what Ben Stone does at hwy (maybe that is an assumption). I think he is developing more than I first thought. The Wick could have solid careers from what we see this year.
Yea will be interesting to see if it is Stone or bring in the true freshman.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2017, 11:51:16 AM

I thought about that too but it think he needs a year to develop and catch up physically and adjust to college. I think Hillger has a big upside and solid career ahead of him at the W!

jw52

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 10, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2017, 11:51:16 AM

I thought about that too but it think he needs a year to develop and catch up physically and adjust to college. I think Hillger has a big upside and solid career ahead of him at the W!

Ben Stone is a hammer. I am pretty sure there was a whole thread on here about how great the duke heavy is. Could someone remind me how Stone did against him? Hilger is a good recruit, no doubt, but Stone has spent 2 years in the room earning that varsity spot. I would bet on Stone next year. To be the man you gotta beat the man. After next week, Ben Stone is the man.

billymurphy

Wick should have no problem finishing fourth in the Big Ten at the Big Ten Tournament just
as Jordan did as a senior.  As we already know, the top three finishers at 165 will all be back(Illinois, Michigan and Penn State)

boowrestle

Billy,jmo all 3 will not be back at 165,especially with IMAR  there
you can run but you cannot hide.