Will folkstyie ever figure it out?

Started by Jimmy, April 12, 2016, 09:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

While most of the match is from the feet . The possibility of exposure changes everything.

DocWrestling

Quote from: Oldtimer on April 12, 2016, 02:33:38 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on April 12, 2016, 10:34:26 AM
I am guessing they invented the shot clock to force action.  While I did not watch a ton of matches I never once saw a guy score when the shot clock was on him.  They just gave up the point.

In my opinion the refs stopped action too quickly at times just to put them back neutral and took away the scrambles.

The person on the clock scored several times throughout the weekend but definitely not the majority of the time

I don't care if they really scored but expected it to change the action and force them to try but they all wrestle conservative and smart.  No sense in forcing something to save one point when getting out of position costs you 2 on a takedown.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

littleguy301

Quote from: ChargerDad on April 12, 2016, 12:49:17 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on April 12, 2016, 10:34:26 AM
I am guessing they invented the shot clock to force action.  While I did not watch a ton of matches I never once saw a guy score when the shot clock was on him.  They just gave up the point.

In my opinion the refs stopped action too quickly at times just to put them back neutral and took away the scrambles.

Wasn't the first Ramos/Dennis match 2-1 ALL on passivity points??  The penalty for passivity isn't sufficient to actually make the wrestlers wrestle..  Maybe putting one down after first warning for passivity would make them wrestle??  The fear of getting laced and TF'd might make them wrestle???

On the other mat it was Robby Smith and Coon and there were points aglore in that match. I always like people talking about how boring the big guys are and when it was side by side, man those big guys put on a show!!!!!! 5 point moves, guys going over the head and so on.

Certainly proved a point in at least that match that the big guys score points also ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Don't tell that to the mosquito-weight population that doesn't understand gravity.

I love watching the dinkers, too; but there's not much match for mucho meat.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MarkK

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on April 13, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
Is "folkstyie" a new style of wrestling that combines folkstyle and footsie?  ???

I had a styie once.  My folks put a warm compress on it for a couple of days. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Jimmy

What can I say, I slept a lot in school. I believe a styie is where pigs live.

stp

In High School a passivity call could work but having educated/experienced refs becomes even more important.   A push-out rule for HS would regress the sport.  Kids would be focusing on sumo "bull-rush" skills and less on actual technique.

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Jimmy

A passivity call would work in high if uneducated fans guided by passion and belligerent coaches kept their one sided opinions to themselves and let the refs do their jobs.