Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

harley25

Quote from: head57 on March 18, 2022, 11:42:15 AM
Hamiti lost the final seconds of each period in that one. Never really got anything going.

Slick ankle pick, though.

I think if I remember correctly his opponent was a pretty good wrestler, great year for DH and he is going to come back and place 3rd

ankle pick

onwisconsin

Griffith is very good. Definitely lost the end of periods.

Ceiling is huge for DJ. We are blessed to be able to pull for him.

DocWrestling

Lost opportunity for Gomez as Lovett from Nebraska, #10 seed, pinned #2 seed Wilson from NC State.

Amine beat Marinelli!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

head57

What was Gomez's score?

Disappointing to not have a guy wrestling in the semi's but lots of chances for guys to get to the podium yet. Let's go.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

DocWrestling

Gomez was down 10-5 and then got stuck at end of 3rd period.  Was ridden hard all match

ankle pick

Wisconsin tied for 19th, with 13 points. Ouch!

head57

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2022, 12:02:53 PM
Gomez was down 10-5 and then got stuck at end of 3rd period.  Was ridden hard all match

Ouch. Didn't see that coming.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

vsmf2010

Quote from: head57 on March 18, 2022, 11:53:42 AM
What was Gomez's score?

Disappointing to not have a guy wrestling in the semi's but lots of chances for guys to get to the podium yet. Let's go.

He was down and went for the Twister and got pinned. Two last second TD's went to review and both went against him which kind of changed the tone of the match. It stings because he would have had Lovett in the semis. However, everyone of the 9 still has a chance to wrestle to or above their seed.

DJ has a doable path to the 3rd place match. Probably a better path than if he would have lost to Evan in the semis. Austin is certainly capable of beating anyone who is on the back and I am sure he will get it back on track tonight.

DocWrestling

Badgers will likely end this round in 21st place

Solid wrestling yet the rest of the day could still get them 4 all americans. 

Toughest match blocking that prediction is Barnett's next match.  If he can win this one he will be favored in his next one.

dad 2 5

Amos  losses two by two total points. He needs to find a way to win those next year and he could have a big year. Coach him up!

onwisconsin

Braxton was in such good position to get that TD with the single leg. I thought he had it for sure, but definitely didn't expect Caffey to get points off of it. 

mkm13

Really remarkable how he lost literally every close match against a good wrestler this year.  Almost beyond bad luck.  He is so close to the top guys, but just couldn't ever find a win.  Hopefully he will figure it out this offseason, as he is not far away from the top.

gwmiller44

133,141,157,184,197,HWT, finished for the tourney. "Ouch", thought 197 was going to AA. We need a lot of wins to finish in the top 20...
Really? Think, Wow!

mkm13

Add Hillger to the list.  OUCH.