D1 Pre-Season State Champ Predictions

Started by Scooter67, November 10, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter67

Who are your predictions for state champions this year?
Here are mine, undecided on a few.
106-Spray
113- Shea/Leon
120-Farr/Thorton
126-Lee
132-Bird
138-Fjoser
145-Gundrum/Schmid
152-Scharenbrock
160-Caelwaerts
170-Breske
182-Prophal
195-Osowski
220-Schmidt
285-Hauser
I could see a possibility of :
145-Scharenbrock
152-Caelwaerts
160-Reinhardt

Scooter67

106-Ty Lee
113- Shea/Leon
120-Thorton
126-Lee/Farr
132-Bird
138-Fjoser
145-Gundrum/Schmid
152-Scharenbrock
160-Caelwaerts
170-Breske
182-Prophal
195-Osowski
220-Schmidt
285-Hauser

Now that most have pinched I thought I would try to get this going again. 

boowrestle

Pretty good predictions but only change id make would be at 106lbs-Furseth and a couple other upper classman(state qualifiers from last yr)will have alot to say when it comes to Feb.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Scooter67

106 was the one weight class I didn't have a clue.  I don't really know any of the young wrestlers coming up.  I've only been following for a few years after being out of the loop for 25 years

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

EIUwrestler1

Gundrum pinched for 160(so far) Schmid is at 145

1Iota

Quote from: boowrestle on December 02, 2013, 09:59:26 AM
Pretty good predictions but only change id make would be at 106lbs-Furseth and a couple others will have alot to say! ;)

It depends on what his actual weight is.  Last year by the time State rolled around with the weigh allowance he was giving up almost 10lbs to the weight class & even more in natural weight to his competition.  If he has gained 10lbs in the last year I am in agreement that he would be the favorite. 

Neutral1

i see a few i would change, but will wait for all to pinch first. upper wgts look good, imo.

AmerysFinest

106-Ty lee
113- Leon
120-Thorton
126- Justin Folley/Robert Lee
132- Josh Bird
138-Fjoser
145- Schimid

And I am clueless on anybody else except for Beau Breske at 170. Lol

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.

aarons23

Quote from: boowrestle on December 03, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
126 ????Folley over Lee?

It's his prediction...anything can happen.  I'll bet almost half of the original predictions are wrong.  So why question this one? No one would have thought many of the finals last year ended the way they did. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

padre

I see Thornton can go 113...no one believes he will?

Scooter67

My origanal post was done after pre nationals.  I should have waited until pinch tests were done but the excitement of watching wrestling that weekend got the better of me.   I wanted to get some chatter going about predictions , being in the Green Bay area I don't get to see many of the wrestlers from the southern part or western part of the state and other than who was at state last year I really don't know who to keep an eye on.  Just from looking at the forum it looks like a few other possibilities could be:
138-Nelson
145-Benitz

AmerysFinest

Quote from: boowrestle on December 03, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
126 ????Folley over Lee?
It could be lee over folley, but Honestly I threw the kid in because I saw him wrestle a few times over the summer and compared to to last year, the kid looks like a beast.

AmerysFinest

Thornton can win it at 3 different weight classes in my opinion. And why is everyone sleeping on Collin Kraus?? along with folley I think he'll be someone who makes big noise at state this year in a sneaky fashion.