Crone vs. Stieber.  

tied 3-3 middle 2nd.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

stp

lol....announcers referring to Barry as a "wrestling god"

dear lord man....just stop.

Micah

Armbar looked fine to me.  Ref being overly cautious?

stp

Quote from: Micah on February 12, 2016, 07:44:31 PM
Armbar looked fine to me.  Ref being overly cautious?

yes.  I think so, prob' why Barry was up talking to him. 

stp

Crone hits low Smith single and blows out Hunters knee.  Downer...

Crone gets the 2nd dual win for UW.

hammen

Hate to see Hunter hurt but Crone deserved that win. Nice offense by Andrew. He's building at a high pace.

Micah

Kid has the worst luck

jets152

The good stuff continues from Crone. I do have seeing Stieber hurt. He doesn't seem to catch many breaks..
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

hammen

Nothing was wrong with that low single either. Just standard. Hunter may be more fragile now given his time off. Ref was calling a lot of really quick potentially dangerous positions all match and didn't do this one - just as a sign it was a very standard position.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stp on February 12, 2016, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 12, 2016, 06:23:56 PM
RR certainly is struggling. He needs to get out of this mental funk and get back to knowing he can win.

While he may be struggling, who he lost to will be an AA and score a lot of points come NCAAs.  Myles Martin was suppose to RS...

Quote from: hammen on February 12, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
Still can't get over how Zeke handled Bo. Completely exposed Bo

Probably only two or three wrestlers in the country can hit that head inside single on Bo.  Obviously the ringer and zeke are two, I can't even remember last time Bo was taken down to be honest for a third.  

I would bet against Martin AA this year, maybe next year. Either way RR should have been able to push him and keep it close.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

jaguarwrestler

If IJ wrestles like that against AD he might be able to beat him. Great match.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Micah

I agree that position looked pretty normal for a leg attack.  His lack of wrestling might very well be part of his health issue.  Not having the ability to strengthen up the tendons and ligaments.  He has some bad luck. Crone had a TD even if he didn't get hurt.

OSU seemed a lot faster in every match I saw.  Granted the OSU wrestlers were favored and superior to the UW guys, but they just seemed faster to the punch.  Maybe was their home crowd and the fact UW traveled that had the UW guys appearing to be sluggish.

Micah

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 12, 2016, 08:00:53 PM
Quote from: stp on February 12, 2016, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 12, 2016, 06:23:56 PM
RR certainly is struggling. He needs to get out of this mental funk and get back to knowing he can win.

While he may be struggling, who he lost to will be an AA and score a lot of points come NCAAs.  Myles Martin was suppose to RS...

Quote from: hammen on February 12, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
Still can't get over how Zeke handled Bo. Completely exposed Bo

Probably only two or three wrestlers in the country can hit that head inside single on Bo.  Obviously the ringer and zeke are two, I can't even remember last time Bo was taken down to be honest for a third.  

I would bet against Martin AA this year, maybe next year. Either way RR should have been able to push him and keep it close.

RR match was surprising, something is off there.  I too would bet against Martin to AA.  That probably makes him a lock to AA