Bracket Seeding

Started by Jbsi, February 18, 2024, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WrestlerSB80

Bottom half of 126 is stacked. No disrespect to top half, but bottom half is going to be crazy.

NaturalMoves

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 19, 2024, 03:52:16 PM
Quote from: Junkyardpig on February 19, 2024, 02:43:00 PMHow did the Madison West kid get the 2 seed at 157?

https://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedtournaments/PrintableWeightClassInfo.jsp?TIM=1708379372570&twSessionId=plwrfxtcyv&groupId=18586138

Not sure how transparent that is, but if you look at WIAA ind seed points in the upper right corner, the Madison West wrestler was given the point over everyone but Millard, himself, and one other ____?  The next closest had 12 seed points.

For those of us who know nothing about the kids in the bracket - how should it look / who got the shaft?

NaturalMoves

The above link doesn't get me to the seeding spreadsheets. Where are they available?

CLC FAN

Ugh... sorry, I tried to screenshot too and that didn't work either.  It's a bunch of clicks, but I guess if people are willing to navigate them.

*Open up the State tournament

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=770733132

* In the blue banner just below the words "2024 WIAA Individual State" is a link that says weights

* Click the link for the weight you want.  In this case D1 157

* Finally, click the wrestler detail link.  This does not (unfortunately) bring you to the 16 x 16 spreadsheet that track is "thinking" of... but it lists the seed points of each wrestler.  Also, apparently some coaches don't know how the seeding works either (shocked face) because a few teams have entered additional information like what tournaments the kid has won this year.  That would matter if there was a human component.  There is not.

hutgoose

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 21, 2024, 02:38:38 PMUgh... sorry, I tried to screenshot too and that didn't work either.  It's a bunch of clicks, but I guess if people are willing to navigate them.

*Open up the State tournament

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=770733132

* In the blue banner just below the words "2024 WIAA Individual State" is a link that says weights

* Click the link for the weight you want.  In this case D1 157

* Finally, click the wrestler detail link.  This does not (unfortunately) bring you to the 16 x 16 spreadsheet that track is "thinking" of... but it lists the seed points of each wrestler.  Also, apparently some coaches don't know how the seeding works either (shocked face) because a few teams have entered additional information like what tournaments the kid has won this year.  That would matter if there was a human component.  There is not.

The additional information was carried over from Regional entries, when coaches had to enter seeding criteria. It was not added for the purpose of State seeding.

CLC FAN

Ahhhhh.... makes way more sense that way.

DocWrestling

You can also get to the information by ...
1) Click on blue information tab
2) Click on Auto Seeds
3) Pick weight class

It would be cool if the sheet listed who each has beaten or even their accomplishments from last year that were used in seeding criteria like placings.  You can find all this info on any other tournament.

Fans might even want to print out as it would give them a pretty easy bio for each wrestler they might be watching.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Quote from: Junkyardpig on February 19, 2024, 02:43:00 PMHow did the Madison West kid get the 2 seed at 157?

Seems like the seeding got it right
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!