RIP Maggie

Started by badgerstateref, February 07, 2024, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerstateref

Sadly, I was asked to report to the Wisconsin Wrestling community that he loved so much that Gerald "Maggie" McCann of Milton passed away suddenly today at the age of 64. More information will be posted here regarding funeral arrangements.

miltonfan#1

I'll miss you uncle shlep..
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

littleguy301

This is terrible. Just talked to him in the past week! On his way for a sure parlay!

Man I go back 20 plus years with Maggie, Schelp.

For those that only knew Maggie from the forum and his terrible spelling  ;D he was one cool dude that always had time to talk wrestling or just life. Ended most conversations with love ya.

Will be missed for sure!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mike

I've enjoyed Maggie's posts and friendly banter on the forum for many years.  He will be missed. RIP

rankwizard

I will miss Maggie, he was always humorous and a great supporter of his hometeam.

Reminds us all that our time of earth is limited and we can enjoy what he have in the proper way.

Good luck to those Milton boys this weekend!

Ghetto

This truly makes me sad. I never met Maggie but going back and forth with him on topics, and being his official translator for a while brought me back to the forum time and time again.

Maggie was a Milton fanatic, not a fan. He loved that team.

RIP Maggie. I hope there is a wrestling livestream in heaven.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Grapl

bigoil

maggie, you will be missed by the wrestling community. I was looking forward to one more wrestling lesson.

Here is knowing maggie will be sipping on a cold PBR watching some WI wrestling the next 4 weeks.

MarkK

God bless you schlep.   A fun teammate and a Milton wrestling ambassador.  We will miss you. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

So sorry to hear this sad news.  I never met him in person but enjoyed private and public discussions with Maggie online.  What a great guy.  His presence on this forum was a blessing and he will certainly be missed. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

PAUL

Seems like he was a great and loyal fan with an awesome sense of humor.  RIP Maggie, you will be missed on this forum and probably in lots of other places also. 

blacknblue

maggie was a positive asset for Wisconsin wrestling.  Certainly kept things interesting while remaining respectfully civil.  Change is the only constant. Losing maggie gradually on the forum over the last few years, and now forever, is a lot of change for the online wreslting community.  Go Milton!
You can drill and waste your time or you can drill and get better. Either way we're going to drill! - D.G.

GO BLUE!!

mickey

I've been absent for a long time but with Schleps passing I would be remiss not to comment. Maggie was larger than life and he never met anyone who didn't become fast friends. Not many have the gift of drawing in those with opposing viewpoints, especially political but this man was original and steadfast. I spoke with him last week, "Popey we need to get together, it's been too long and we're not getting any younger". I know Schlep, but I'm still working, not like you", which drew his deep belly laugh.  Well, when you gonna call it quits"? he asked. " Someday" I said to which he replied, " don't wait forever" 

I waited in line last night for over two hours to pay my respects. If Maggie had planned his wake, I'm sure he would have had waiters serving PBR's. 

Godspeed Maggie. We'll have forever when I get there.

littleguy301

Quote from: mickey on February 16, 2024, 08:50:53 AMI've been absent for a long time but with Schleps passing I would be remiss not to comment. Maggie was larger than life and he never met anyone who didn't become fast friends. Not many have the gift of drawing in those with opposing viewpoints, especially political but this man was original and steadfast. I spoke with him last week, "Popey we need to get together, it's been too long and we're not getting any younger". I know Schlep, but I'm still working, not like you", which drew his deep belly laugh.  Well, when you gonna call it quits"? he asked. " Someday" I said to which he replied, " don't wait forever" 

I waited in line last night for over two hours to pay my respects. If Maggie had planned his wake, I'm sure he would have had waiters serving PBR's. 

Godspeed Maggie. We'll have forever when I get there.

Well said!

I couldn't make it down, any of you people meeting up at state?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet