Divisions

Started by dforsythe, March 02, 2020, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforsythe

Here is the link to my spreadsheet of enrollments and my predicted divisions for next year. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G4mtMgKFPiZRSPl7fuGd83klzYG9RePu7DfWDZ-6uVY/edit?usp=sharing

I am usually off by 1 or 2 because I don't know about new (or dissolving) co-ops or schools dropping wrestling. Also, this year Big Foot/Williams Bay and Delavan-Darien were in D1 even though their enrollments clearly put them in D2. I'm not sure if they requested to move up (which is allowed) or if there is some other unknown reason. I will be interested to see where they land next year. For next year, I also have St. John's on their own and no team for Brookfield Academy. I could be wrong there.

bigoil

I believe Antigo was D2 this year.

Also, do you know how the WIAA decides who gets the odd school if D2 and D3 have 209 schools, in your example you put the 105th in D3.

dforsythe

If there is an odd number for D2 and D3, the extra goes in D3.

memyselfandi

St. John's is going Greco only next year.

DemonChief

Big Foot-Williams Bay and Delavan were bumped up to D1 because the WIAA added students to their enrollments that attend the alternative high school.  There are currently 42 students enrolled in the alternative high school located in Walworth County and all 42 were added to every high school (Elkhorn, Delavan, Williams Bay, Big Foot, and Lage Geneva) instead of the school that was sending them.  Both BFWB and Delavan haven't been a part of that consortium for years, but the students were added anyways.  BFWB was hit twice since they are a co-op which actually added 84 to their enrollment.  If the 42 was added JUST to Williams Bay, they still would have stayed D2.  When assignments were sent out last spring those 42 were added to each school but didn't show in the enrollments that schools sent in so no one caught it until it was too late to change for this season.

dforsythe

Quote from: DemonChief on March 02, 2020, 01:39:56 PM
Big Foot-Williams Bay and Delavan were bumped up to D1 because the WIAA added students to their enrollments that attend the alternative high school.  There are currently 42 students enrolled in the alternative high school located in Walworth County and all 42 were added to every high school (Elkhorn, Delavan, Williams Bay, Big Foot, and Lage Geneva) instead of the school that was sending them.  Both BFWB and Delavan haven't been a part of that consortium for years, but the students were added anyways.  BFWB was hit twice since they are a co-op which actually added 84 to their enrollment.  If the 42 was added JUST to Williams Bay, they still would have stayed D2.  When assignments were sent out last spring those 42 were added to each school but didn't show in the enrollments that schools sent in so no one caught it until it was too late to change for this season.

Thanks for that explanation. I was really curious what happened.

bigoil

Four from the OF sectional out, seems like lines are going to get redrawn.

justwrestle

I believe that Evansville will no longer be a co-op with Albany for next year.  It will be Parkview/Albany.

dforsythe

Quote from: justwrestle on March 02, 2020, 02:51:20 PM
I believe that Evansville will no longer be a co-op with Albany for next year.  It will be Parkview/Albany.

Thanks. If you are right, it wouldn't alter the division of either team.