Packers (7-4) at Detroit Lions (4-7) 7:25pm Thursday, Dec. 3

Started by TomM, November 28, 2015, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

It all about the running game period end of story. You have one receives get open. You do not have one the recievers are blanketed and you cannot throw the reciever open if they drop the ball. We have had allot of that.mAnother observation is the very poor route running the routs are not precise and even the wrong reads and routes are run.

GREAT WIN !!!!!!!!!!!

One the most exciting game ending plays in the history of the NFL.

Running game will get rolling Lacy will straighten up or be gone. Athens rookie from NDS is real shot in the arm he has energy and wants to be there. He is quick and makes very mature decisions in his following of blocks but more importantly he is a different style of runner.

I see the receiver core expanding more useage of the younger guys.

Any doubt McCarthy was calling plays at the end of that game?

maggie

not all of them are dropping the ball bud, like i said, he's not trying to throw them open like he was.......that simple...the young back sure looks Fresh, eager and ready to play...he looks that way because he hasn't been beat up all yr like the rest have, give him another 30- 40  carry's and well see what he's made of...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

LOL Lacy has not had enough carries to get beat up.

I can pull up the numbers of drops this year but I will let you look that up.

This is not a Rodgers problem other than he is part of the team and its team problem.

That play will light a fire under this team and the rest for 10 days will help.

maggie

Lacy has had enough carries to be beat up, just as stark's and ever other RB in the league that has that has carried the rock in the starting rotation and you certainly must understand that being a football fan.. :o...as for them drops, you bet there has been some drops, but not near as many as you might think....
          Drops Leaders
Rank   Player   Pos   Team   Receptions   Drops   Targets   Targets %   Drop %
1   Mike Evans   WR   TB   54   8   110   49.1%   7.3%
2   Amari Cooper   WR   OAK   62   8   105   59.0%   7.6%
3   Julian Edelman   WR   NE   61   8   88   69.3%   9.1%
4   Leonard Hankerson   WR   ATL   26   8   46   56.5%   17.4%
5   Demaryius Thomas   WR   DEN   78   7   130   60.0%   5.4%
6   Ted Ginn Jr.   WR   CAR   35   7   76   46.1%   9.2%
7   Brandon Marshall   WR   NYJ   83   7   130   63.8%   5.4%
8   Nate Washington   WR   HOU   39   6   76   51.3%   7.9%
9   Tyler Eifert   TE   CIN   46   6   68   67.6%   8.8%
10   Jeremy Langford   RB   CHI   18   5   30   60.0%   16.7%
11   Eric Ebron   TE   DET   31   5   48   64.6%   10.4%
12   Cecil Shorts III   WR   HOU   40   5   71   56.3%   7.0%
13   Michael Crabtree   WR   OAK   66   5   115   57.4%   4.4%
14   DeMarco Murray   RB   PHI   39   5   48   81.3%   10.4%
15   Davante Adams   WR   GB   36   5   71   50.7%   7.0%
16   Ryan Mathews   RB   PHI   14   4   19   73.7%   21.1%
17   Martavis Bryant   WR   PIT   31   4   63   49.2%   6.4%
18   Dion Lewis   RB   NE   36   4   50   72.0%   8.0%
19   Julio Jones   WR   ATL   102   4   158   64.6%   2.5%...then consider how many of those passes were not tossed very good...as far as a team thing, ya, i get that, but the QB is the leader of the team like it or not, and he's simply not playing or throwing as we know he's capable of...just that simple, as AR Goes, so goes GB!...im sure you get it...AR needs to find his confident again and that last toss of his may have been just what the DR ordered!.....well see come Sun...

ramjet

You get an A for doing you're homework.

What those stats are not showing is "criticle drops" drops on third down and goal line.

I agree but the running game has to be up to par and you are wrong about Lacy he has been out for almost 4 games compared to last year. He needs to step it up and contribute that means in all aspects including preparation and commitment.

littleguy301

whats the average football life as a running back. Not sure but one of the shortest career span of most positions.

While most are on Lacy weight and his round mid section. Guess what while in college he had the same claims plague him in his short career at Bama. Going into the draft that is all the experts talked about and I believe they talked Lacy down to a late second round pick because of that thick mid section.

The last 2 years he came on stronge down the stretch and maybe the next 4 weeks he will. I will also add that I didnt hear the last 2 years to much about his bigger than a normal running back mid section but I seem to hear alot about it now. HHMMMM, seems when the chips are down people are critical but when the chips are a following in the right places let that guy feast on what ever makes him happy ;)

Lacy has had some decent amount of carries in his career going back to high school. There is a number of carries that critics judge the life expectancy of a running back and I read an article that Lacy is below that number but he is quite high on the violent number when he does carry. Meaning the amount of impact he has took in the past 5 years.

Ram,,,,great question about 3rd down drops and goal line. They have numbers on that also and teams look at those number alot. Also if you notice teams have the most sure handed WR out there on 3rd and they teams most sure handed guys out there on on side kicks.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

now7 passes, he dropped 7 passes Rammy, your correct, it doesn't show how many were on 3rd down, nor does it tell us how many of those were not good passes either... ;)...not as many drops ya might have thought ha rammy?... ;)....among the worst 8 receivers for dropped passes, yes they may be, but what ya must also understand and take into account is that that drop number that separates them from the others, is a very small number.... ;) another words, next week, they could be on top of the league or drop even further down...

ramjet

maggie