High School Results

Started by Dragons Fire, December 03, 2023, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragons Fire

Alright...Newb to Wisconsin High School Wrestling. Is there a place that list weekly results and high school scores? I am not seeing it on Wiwrestle.com or do you just look on trackwrestling for results. I am used to the guillotine and was thinking Wiwrestle.com was the equivalent in Wisconsin.

neutral

To my knowledge - Trackwrestling is the only free source of results.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

Dragons Fire

Thanks for your input. I'm a Min-Ne-So-Tin...

Seems like a niche for someone in this space. Minnesota-scores.net does well with every ones schedules and scores in all sports. So easy to find schedules for every team in Minnesota. Also, the guillotine does very good job with results. Many of them are just the printouts from Track, but one stop shop to see results.

Literally taking a crash course in Wi Wrestling can be a bit overwhelming. Half the names I cannot pronounce! Ha! 128 d1, 105 d2, 105 d3. Split regionals into sections. Which it looks like they rearranged the Regions this season. One and done at Regionals with 1st round loss. Separate State tournaments for Individual and Team. Which rankings are officially being used? Or is a conglomerate consensus..

Watched the PDC vs Iowa Grant Dual on Rofkin...what a great 1st Wisconsin dual to watch!! I was impressed. I really like what Teague is doing, he is becoming the wisconsin voice for me when it comes to wrestling. Probably cause I have listened to a bunch of his stuff.

Anyways rambling, I will go to track and skim the results there for the teams within the regional I am concentrating on. Thanks again.

DKelly28

Yeah, Track Wrestling is the only place for results...but when it goes down like yesterday, it can really be a pain to find anything.

As good as wissports is for results and stats for sports like football and basketball, not every sport is connected. And a lot of times when they are, not every coach uses it (volleyball and baseball can be pretty bad in that regard).

I really like what the Iowa High School Sports Association does with Bound. Coaches for all sports have to have at least the results entered by a certain time.

rmk12175

Kaukauna had a good dominant opening weekend at the Howard Manley duals. They'll be tested this weekend at the Husky Invite.

MatScoutWillie

HS wrestling coverage is just starting.  It's still not convenient to see results from around the state. 

rmk12175

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on December 05, 2023, 07:55:05 AMHS wrestling coverage is just starting.  It's still not convenient to see results from around the state. 

There were some great tournaments last weekend (Gunslinger, Papermaker, Lux-Casco Duals, Manley Duals) just to name a few. Its too bad trackwrestling had such a rough Saturday, but not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

M-Town Fan

Dragons Fire

Went to my first dual meet in Wisconsin yesterday and it didn't disappoint! Holmen vs. Prairie Du Chen. PDC came out on top 34-33. Great dual! Holmen puts on a great event! Lights, smoke, great music, and the announcing was outstanding! Pretty awesome how they have all the kids form a tunnel for their team run out! They had a Christmas match between the Grinch and Santa Claus! Which was pretty awesome! Kids really got into that as they were all mat side cheering and slapping the mat! Reader and Bono were in attendance at the dual...so that was pretty cool, for those wrestling. Pretty awesome event!!!

To be honest, the ref made a pretty big mistake, which would have led to pin for Holmen in one of the matches, he broke a leg cradle, which the kid was flat, would have won the dual for Holmen. I guess Ref's are human.

I was impressed with the middle to upper weights of PDC, kids wrestle at a high level. Holmen's lower to middle weights did very well. I was impressed with Dom Ammerman coming up with a fall in dominant fashion against a ranked wrestler from PDC.

Great experience glad I made the trip!

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Dragons Fire on December 15, 2023, 08:23:18 AMWent to my first dual meet in Wisconsin yesterday and it didn't disappoint! Holmen vs. Prairie Du Chen. PDC came out on top 34-33. Great dual! Holmen puts on a great event! Lights, smoke, great music, and the announcing was outstanding! Pretty awesome how they have all the kids form a tunnel for their team run out! They had a Christmas match between the Grinch and Santa Claus! Which was pretty awesome! Kids really got into that as they were all mat side cheering and slapping the mat! Reader and Bono were in attendance at the dual...so that was pretty cool, for those wrestling. Pretty awesome event!!!

To be honest, the ref made a pretty big mistake, which would have led to pin for Holmen in one of the matches, he broke a leg cradle, which the kid was flat, would have won the dual for Holmen. I guess Ref's are human.

I was impressed with the middle to upper weights of PDC, kids wrestle at a high level. Holmen's lower to middle weights did very well. I was impressed with Dom Ammerman coming up with a fall in dominant fashion against a ranked wrestler from PDC.

No way!! I wish I knew you were there and we could have introduced ourselves, what a dual though!

Ledger

Looking forward to the HWT bracket at the MN Christmas tournament.  Looks like the 2 best HWTs from MN and the two best HWTs from WI will be there.

Dragons Fire

Quote from: M-Town Fan on December 15, 2023, 09:23:38 AM
Quote from: Dragons Fire on December 15, 2023, 08:23:18 AMWent to my first dual meet in Wisconsin yesterday and it didn't disappoint! Holmen vs. Prairie Du Chen. PDC came out on top 34-33. Great dual! Holmen puts on a great event! Lights, smoke, great music, and the announcing was outstanding! Pretty awesome how they have all the kids form a tunnel for their team run out! They had a Christmas match between the Grinch and Santa Claus! Which was pretty awesome! Kids really got into that as they were all mat side cheering and slapping the mat! Reader and Bono were in attendance at the dual...so that was pretty cool, for those wrestling. Pretty awesome event!!!

No way!! I wish I knew you were there and we could have introduced ourselves, what a dual though!

Dang it!!! Well will be around for some more home duals! It was a great dual!!

Dragons Fire

Quote from: Ledger on December 15, 2023, 09:49:40 AMLooking forward to the HWT bracket at the MN Christmas tournament.  Looks like the 2 best HWTs from MN and the two best HWTs from WI will be there.

From Autoseeds, brackets not released yet. Top 4.

1. Koy Hopke, Amery
2. Navarro Schunke, Brandon Valley, SD
3. Will Sather, Eden Praire
4. Gavin Maxey, Mounds View

Must be missing a couple of guys you were thinking.

Ledger

Quote from: Dragons Fire on December 15, 2023, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: Ledger on December 15, 2023, 09:49:40 AMLooking forward to the HWT bracket at the MN Christmas tournament.  Looks like the 2 best HWTs from MN and the two best HWTs from WI will be there.

1. Koy Hopke, Amery

Yeah looks like Mirasola didn't make the trip.

Hungus

Quote from: Ledger on December 16, 2023, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: Dragons Fire on December 15, 2023, 10:21:19 AM

1. Koy Hopke, Amery

Yeah looks like Mirasola didn't make the trip.

They are wrestling at SR Nationals in Texas
You're killing me Smalls!!!