Individual Rankings

Started by JacobRaschka, December 13, 2022, 09:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Some very good underclassmen wrestled in Fond du Lac yesterday showing they can do it well at the high school level

106- Bailey Casey- Menomonie
113- Lincoln Flayter- Hartford
113- Owen Wathke- Bay Port
113- James Racer- Kewaskum
120- Alois Schlumpf- Bay Port
126- Ethan Immel- Kewaskum
145- Jacob Kidder- Hartford
220- Garett Kawczynski- Port Washington
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

NoFooForU

why are rankings behind a paywall?  I understand that would be the case for all the extra content.  But rankings?!!  That's absurd.  And, I'm guessing that wiwrestling.com will forgo their own rankings.

Grappledad

Quote from: NoFooForU on December 19, 2022, 12:34:20 PMwhy are rankings behind a paywall?  I understand that would be the case for all the extra content.  But rankings?!!  That's absurd.  And, I'm guessing that wiwrestling.com will forgo their own rankings.

Guessing because people don't feel like pouring hours into research and time away from family for free.  Nothing is stopping you from using your free time to do some research and give us some free rankings though! 😁

statman

Ok so here is the problem. The casual fan is not going to pay to see some rankings or any of the other content they don't want to pay for. The covid year already got rid of a lot of casual fans. Now making people pay for rankings and other content will get rid of the rest of them.
they don't call me statman for nothin

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: statman on December 19, 2022, 09:01:57 PMOk so here is the problem. The casual fan is not going to pay to see some rankings or any of the other content they don't want to pay for. The covid year already got rid of a lot of casual fans. Now making people pay for rankings and other content will get rid of the rest of them.
adios
wisconsingrapplers rankings are spot on though

rankwizard

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on December 20, 2022, 07:54:47 AM
Quote from: statman on December 19, 2022, 09:01:57 PMOk so here is the problem. The casual fan is not going to pay to see some rankings or any of the other content they don't want to pay for. The covid year already got rid of a lot of casual fans. Now making people pay for rankings and other content will get rid of the rest of them.
adios
wisconsingrapplers rankings are spot on though

I would disagree

rankwizard

Yea, and they aren't even accurate as they have obvious mistakes in each division. I Guess people will get what they paid for.

The Legend

Best rankings out there thus far.

beastmode

Quote from: rankwizard on December 20, 2022, 09:15:31 AM

Yea, and they aren't even accurate as they have obvious mistakes in each division. I Guess people will get what they paid for.

Errors happen every year in the rankings, whether it is spelling, wrong weight, wrong team, etc. Especially early on... I agree that Wisconsin Grappler has the best rankings out there at this time and they use a distinct process to rank. Plus, if you don't like the results they have a "feedback" or "who beat who" link right on their website. Not just random opinions. Do you care to elaborate on your process, rankwizard? Or WiWrestle? I'd love to hear about it.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

The Legend

No, you misunderstood me.  WIWRESTLE has the best rankings out there and it's not close.

The Legend

I will just go off D1.  Yes, Kaukauna is good, but those rankings look like they were almost done by a Kaukauna coach.  We can go through and talk about them if you like.

beastmode

Quote from: The Legend on December 20, 2022, 10:34:38 AMNo, you misunderstood me.  WIWRESTLE has the best rankings out there and it's not close.

Gotcha. I'm not sure which rankings are the best. I just like the fact that we have a few different rankings options.
Steve Prefontaine

beastmode

Quote from: The Legend on December 20, 2022, 10:36:51 AMI will just go off D1.  Yes, Kaukauna is good, but those rankings look like they were almost done by a Kaukauna coach.  We can go through and talk about them if you like.

I'm open ears. I'm more of a D2 and D3 guy but I feel like I follow the entire state fairly well.
Steve Prefontaine

bigoil

I already subscribe to Rokfin but agree with others, rankings should not be behind a paywall. Wissports doesn't do that for all the sports they track, even the data by game is free.

Draw them to your site and let them buy for the great content you have beyond rankings.

beswres00

Has anyone with a rokfin account thought of taking screen shots and posting them on here?