JSOnline forums will be limited to paid subscribers

Started by TomM, February 06, 2016, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: wraslfan on February 08, 2016, 06:34:29 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 07, 2016, 11:11:37 PM
Ask Ghetto about the comments they make in regards to teachers and MPS. I am sure he will be very pleased with this move. If Tom Charges, I want the bigG discount.
I'll never understand that. Blaming the teachers of MPS and not the parents of the kids that fail there, or the students themselves.
The best thing I ever did was to quit watching/reading the news. I'm a much happier person.   

Good call.  All it does is keeps us focused on negative spin.  Glad to hear it's worked out for you.  8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 08, 2016, 10:19:41 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on February 08, 2016, 10:13:04 AM
Well in my area my screen name is  my given name!!!!! At conference last weekend I was met with more hey littleguy than I was hey Dave.

So I guess this forum name has morphed into my now given name!!!!!!!!!

I think that is a valid point, I get called by my screen name WAY more than I do "Dave" as well...

"Dave's not here!" ~  Cheech & Chong
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 08, 2016, 11:16:34 AM
I think it would be a great idea to make everyone use their real name

Some of us might not be able to do that, for professional reasons...   or personal ones.

wraslfan

Quote from: imnofish on February 08, 2016, 02:22:28 PM
Ask Ghetto about the comments they make in regards to teachers and MPS. I am sure he will be very pleased with this move. If Tom Charges, I want the bigG discount.
I'll never understand that. Blaming the teachers of MPS and not the parents of the kids that fail there, or the students themselves.
The best thing I ever did was to quit watching/reading the news. I'm a much happier person.   

Good call.  All it does is keeps us focused on negative spin.  Glad to hear it's worked out for you.  8)
All news is spin now, all news is either political, or politically correct. It's really not news at all. All numbers are twisted to fit an agenda (usually a political one) etc...
Perhaps a bit of an over statement on my part, but not much! The PC police are even in sports news, it's nauseating. I don't even watch ESPN anymore. Life is good. 

imnofish

Quote from: wraslfan on February 08, 2016, 05:00:10 PM

All news is spin now, all news is either political, or politically correct. It's really not news at all. All numbers are twisted to fit an agenda (usually a political one) etc...
Perhaps a bit of an over statement on my part, but not much! The PC police are even in sports news, it's nauseating. I don't even watch ESPN anymore. Life is good. 

It's that darn 24 hour news coverage.  Too much time on their hands and not enough actual news.  It's morphed into a blend of entertainment, reality tv, product promotion, and political propaganda.   :P   We need a reincarnation of Walter Cronkite, I tell ya'! 

DocWrestling

Everything is also "Breaking News".  When it turns to Tuesday tomorrow, that will be breaking news
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

imnofish

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 08, 2016, 07:04:31 PM
Everything is also "Breaking News".  When it turns to Tuesday tomorrow, that will be breaking news

After they have all rushed to get the scoop on the breaking news, they will be tripping all over themselves trying to correct all the inaccuracies they reported.  Those corrections will be tomorrow's breaking news, but they will often get the most coverage from rival networks, who will be busy covering other networks' errors.  Nice to see the progression from overzealous reporting, to the development of a circular firing squad.  If it was any more pathetic, it would make a great Seinfeld episode.

Numbers

Well that would provide an opening for someone else to create a Wisconsin wrestling message board site if that change is made to this site.

littleguy301

Quote from: wraslfan on February 08, 2016, 05:00:10 PM

Finally you have come to my side ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The media is the favor of the day same with the news and I have to agree that ESPN has become pretty PC now.

nothing wrong with the history channel or H2 I prefer now ;D ;D ;D ;D Big Ten network and a good movie channel!

Life is good with out all the crap. Though I will admit I still read the obituaries :D Still dont know why I do that but have for years, must be glad I am not in that part of the paper!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Well in my area my screen name is  my given name!!!!! At conference last weekend I was met with more hey littleguy than I was hey Dave.

I think that is a valid point, I get called by my screen name WAY more than I do "Dave" as well...

You seem like really upset, almost a mad dad!

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on February 08, 2016, 10:31:25 PM

Just wait mad dad!!!! when some one asks if I know this mad dad character,,,,,,,I think you know ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Dale Einerson

Quote from: Numbers on February 08, 2016, 08:41:02 PM

Well that would provide an opening for someone else to create a Wisconsin wrestling message board site if that change is made to this site.

And, in reality, that opening always existed.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: bigoil on February 08, 2016, 10:31:25 PM

I actually had some folks, on the forum and in private messages ask me why I was maddad!  Apparently they weren't buying it that I lived in Madison and I am a Dad...

I won't get upset until somebody starts calling me "Tiny" or "Littleguy," because I am not...