Trackwrestling

Started by futurerichguy, December 19, 2015, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of Nowhere

While I love track for revolutionizing the availability of wrestling  results, I'm not too surprised by this as many of the elements of the site seem to be outdated and therefore at higher risk of failure or attack.

imnofish

Humans are imperfect, so their creations will also be imperfect.  I challenge anyone to find coverage that will always be perfect.  You can't.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

MarkK

The tournament I was at yesterday announced that they were starting a half an hour later because Trackwrestling was down.  I know I couldnt' get on many times.   I love trackwrestling,but those kind of public pronouncements don't help promote it.  Somehow also I seem to have hardtime quickly finding tournaments in Wisconsin on my smartphone.  I can do it.  Probably I need a tutorial on how to best use it.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Ghetto

With Flowrestling attaching videos to their brackets, Trackwrestling (in my opinion) had to do it to keep up. The video bandwidth (again, in my opinion) is choking their servers. They weren't prepared for that maybe.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Sounds like a reasonable assertion, Ghetto.  I suspect you are correct.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

neutral

It would be nice to hear something directly from Track on this.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

foose4

Quote from: neutral on December 21, 2015, 04:38:59 PM
It would be nice to hear something directly from Track on this.

I am sure if it is a Track problem, the last thing they have time for is to go on a message board to tell people what's up.  They have over 250 tournaments scheduled in the next 10 days with over 75 of them the first 3 days of next week.   If they are having a programming or hardware issue, their time is better served trying to fix those issues then to come on here and explain anything.

With that being said, let's all hope they get those issues worked out, as it may make for some frustrating times at BiState, OTW, Northern Badger, Mid States if the system can't handle it all.

"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

bigG

I'd like to toss some props to Auburndale for taking it in stride and hitting some old school notes and make the sucker run. Nice job.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

It might be wise to go back to paper bout sheets, but I'm old school. Not sure if they will or not.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

Trackwrestling did send an apology, a time line of what happened, and explanation to all tournament directors from this past Saturday's tournaments.  They are making good with tournaments.  It is my opinion that they handled things as well as they could and will only get better because of this.

Trackwrestling has changed the way we run tournaments and more importantly has made it so much easier to promote and follow the sport. We should be forever grateful.   At the Marty Loy, we were reminiscing that back in 2003 we had to do everything by hand and paper including the team scoring.  In 2004 we first used trackwrestling.  This year was our first time running the tournament paperless and with trackcast.  It is truly amazing how far we have come.

I realize Flowrestling may be some competition and that is a good thing for us consumers but we probably would not even have Flowrestling if not for trackwrestling.  Now the two are only going to push each other to get better.  That improvement will help us all but it may come at a cost to us.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

imnofish

Yep.  Progress always comes with its share of growing pains. 

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin