Kenosha Bradford Coach Relieved of Duties

Started by crossface21, November 06, 2015, 09:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestling for fun

KUSD met with Grover.  Got his coaching job back.

imnofish

Glad to see that they came to their senses.  Their original knee-jerk reaction is what you get, when you take away worker protections.  Glad that the parents and kids struck a blow for sanity in the workplace.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bkraus

Glad to hear that he is back!  Good luck Coach!
Strive for Perfection

bigG

I think we've all learned something here. Some parents are twinks. The good parents can have the power to set things right.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on November 09, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
I think we've all learned something here. Some parents are twinks. The good parents can have the power to set things right.

+1  Just like every other segment of the population. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Parents are parents but tell me why the Adminstration went about this the way they did. Do "leaders" just cave into every whim?   

Of course I am baseing this only on what was posted here, maybe just maybe there is more to the story here? Maybe not, it does seem that in some cases School Adminstration and Boards are over reactive. When I coached Jr High football I would stop in the office all the time and if kid was sitting there for behavioral reasons I would have him or her run laps to reinforce the idea of "good behavior" I had one parent ask and when I explained it she just shook her head and mumbled something about the mental capacity of her child..... ;D (tongue and cheek if you will).

I guess I am with G some smaller schools do things differently than the larger machines.

ChargerDad

Glad he got his job back.  It was insane that he was relieved of his duties in the first place unless I am missing something here..  Parents complain all the time about how coaches do things, things they say..  I grew up the son of a Superintendent, and trust me, you have some parents who are who would be in the office on a weekly basis complaining about they way the coach is handling their student athlete..  In most cases, he would shut them down immediately and not even listen to what they had to say..  Administration and School Boards need to tell these kinds of parents that coaching the team is the coaches responsibility, and unless there is some concern with the safety of the student athletes, they need to be concerned with more important issues..

Ghetto

Quote from: ChargerDad on November 12, 2015, 09:53:45 AM
Administration and School Boards need to tell these kinds of parents that coaching the team is the coaches responsibility, and unless there is some concern with the safety of the student athletes, they need to be concerned with more important issues..

This is the issue (IMO) in this case. The few parents that complained were able to get foot hold in this "case" before rational thought and a little investigation was able to take place. Because of that, there was a knee jerk reaction, which then had to be reversed.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

lizard king

Reversing the decision is interesting.  90% of the time we do not get to hear "what really happened"  and usually the administration has to sit back and look stupid because they can not legally talk about it. Trust me "most" are not stupid.

Reminds me of a good quote "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers".

ChargerDad

Quote from: lizard king on November 12, 2015, 10:45:27 AM
Reversing the decision is interesting.  90% of the time we do not get to hear "what really happened"  and usually the administration has to sit back and look stupid because they can not legally talk about it. Trust me "most" are not stupid.

Reminds me of a good quote "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers".

Most are definitely not stupid.. however, foolish and stupid are two different things, and at times, there seems to be an abundance of foolishness no matter where you look even when stupidity isn't presence..