Attendance Question

Started by Ray Allen, March 14, 2015, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Allen

Quote from: woody53 on March 14, 2015, 03:35:40 PM
We had a little over 62,000 this year at the Kohl Center for Individual State. Manty77, I do not think BB pulls in those numbers. We have historically been a higher attended weekend.

This is what I thought too.  But the only numbers I can find make it look like basketball has more people total - - granted I have no idea how accurate any of these numbers are.

woody53

This surprised me also, Ray. Not what I have been told, but have never really seen the numbers from Basketball until this post.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Quack

Maybe we need more divisions so we can keep up :o
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

badgerjohn

Quote from: Quack on March 17, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Maybe we need more divisions so we can keep up :o

Bingo!  Six mats = six divisions.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

imnofish

I wonder how the number of fans who stay for every tournament session compares, between wrestling and basketball. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigoil

Quote from: imnofish on March 17, 2015, 11:15:00 PM
I wonder how the number of fans who stay for every tournament session compares, between wrestling and basketball. 

The people that I know that go to the hoops go all week, obviously there are going to be surges from the schools playing but reading those numbers, it appears d3 and d4 have as many additional fans as d1, so I don't think it is a huge number that show up just for their team. As for wrestling, in the past it felt much more divided between divisions, people out, new crew in, certainly many are there for all sessions as well.

littleguy301

I think those number are high also.

could they be counting on tickets that are given to schools. I thought the first couple of rounds were a tad high. What I mean is that isnt each school given X amount of tickets for the games and then some go unused but still counted as attendended.

From my understanding I thought that wrestling was the highest number of fans watching but I could also been told that with both weekends that could be the number.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

From Travis Wilson of wissports.net tweet

"Total attendance (unofficial) for boys state tourney was 84022. That's about 3500 more than last year. 2nd highest since move to 5 divisions"
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

woody53

I looked into this farther and Basketball has passed us. They have an additional session (six verses five for wrestling.) and they have multible turn overs per session.
Incentive to make our State more interesting and fan accessible. I will take that challenge.

woody53

I will also say that if we add dounbe elimination to all, there will need to be another session. Just saying.