Thank You Bracket Gods

Started by Han Solo, February 21, 2015, 10:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTide

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 23, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
I don't believe it is factually correct to presume that each side of a bracket produces 3 medalists.

It never occurred to me before, but it is true.  The six medalists are made up of the four semifinalists (2 top, 2 bottom) and the two winners of the four man groups that get wrestlebacks.  There is no crossover to that point, so one is from top and one is from bottom. 

Chuck

I have seen on more than one occasion where a kid lost to the 1st and 3rd place finishers at state and did not place, lost to 2nd place state finisher at sectional. Was he 4th, 5th or 6th best? We will never know.

Quack

Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Dale Einerson

Quote from: RollTide on February 23, 2015, 01:45:59 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 23, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
I don't believe it is factually correct to presume that each side of a bracket produces 3 medalists.

It never occurred to me before, but it is true.  The six medalists are made up of the four semifinalists (2 top, 2 bottom) and the two winners of the four man groups that get wrestlebacks.  There is no crossover to that point, so one is from top and one is from bottom. 

I never looked at it in such detail before, I stand corrected...each side produces 3 medalists, no more, no less.

Chuck

Quack I am basically saying sometime ya just have to have a little luck on your side.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: gsdad on February 23, 2015, 01:59:00 PM
I have seen on more than one occasion where a kid lost to the 1st and 3rd place finishers at state and did not place, lost to 2nd place state finisher at sectional. Was he 4th, 5th or 6th best? We will never know.

well that is a rare occasion I imagine and that person had a chance to knock off 2 other people, do we seed to make sure someone has a better chance for 4th or 5th? I'm sorry, not trying to be rude but if you lose twice at state and don't place I don't have a very strong need to help you to an easier path.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

suspended106

I like how people are putting Ramos vs. Kratiger. Ramos has to get by Forester in the first round thats definitely not a given, match and Kratiger doesnt have a easy match if forester beats Ramos either seeing as forester wrestled Kratiger at the TKO and only lost 5-2. Thats just my thoughts dont underestimate Forester.

Chuck

Not looking for changes jag, just stating I have seen it happen. Then again 3rd place sectional finishers have won the state tournament before. Once again throwing my theory out the window.
Simply stating some things I have seen happen over the years.
I never used to post on hear, was always happy just to read but with the forum being so quite this year I thought I would chime in a little.  Now I know why nobody voices their opinion anymore all they do is get ripped on. Going back to just reading.

suspended106

For D1 u have two place top two to go to state so a third place finisher couldn't win state