Can Stoughton beat Rapids?

Started by wrestlinglife1, February 20, 2015, 03:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlinglife1

Assuming the 2 teams make the 2nd round, this is an interesting match up. I think people may be overlooking Rapids. Anyone care to have some fun and guess the match ups? Dale....

DarkKnight

Of course its gonna be close and either team could win on any day... I  don't think Stoughton is looking past Rapids.

ougiqbxy

I'm really worried about Rapids getting past Pewaukee.  Pewaukee matches up well against them.  But, I will take a stab at it for fun.  Going off Regional line-ups and knowledge of Rapids' possible switching:

106 - Brandon Klein MDEC Bryson Einerson   4-0 Stoughton
113 - Matrix Jisko DEC Tristan Jenny   4-3 Stoughton
120 - Patrick Spray DEC Kaleb Louis  6-4 Rapids
126 - Zach Hasselberger PIN Max Benitz 10-6 Stoughton
132 - Garrett Model DEC Bergh Diebel   13-6 Stoughton
138 - Collin Kraus PIN Cody Sawyer   19-6 Stoughton
145 - Tyler Dow DEC Dylan Hall   22-6 Stoughton
152 - Brock Benitz TECH Patrick Reilly   22-11 Stoughton
160 - Peyton Einerson PIN Trevar Helland   22-17 Stoughton
170 - Gunnar Helland PIN Jake Timm   28-17 Stoughton
182 - Nathan Fuller PIN Austin Sobojinski   28-23 Stoughton
195 - Cody Abel DEC Austin Benton   28-26 Stoughton
220 - Josian Nelson MDEC Mike Weinfurter  32-26 Stoughton
285 - Beau Thompson PIN Joe Hohol 32-32 TIE
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

ElectricGuy

ougiqbxy  - Pulaski is tough and hot right now.  Stoughton also needs to slip by a very good sauk team that had some close losses last time in the dual.

Can't say your too far off -  I see the deciding toss up weights probably being 113, 120, 220 ---  With a heavy reliance by both teams on Bonus in the other matches.  I think there is possible bonus at 132 also. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

boowrestle

Pretty good predictions but I would give stoughton 6pt at 106 and I'd give stoughton 3pts at 113lbs(yes I know rapids
Won earlier at 113)either way a close dual.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Irish

What makes 120 and 220 toss ups in this dual? I see each team having a favored wrestler.

ElectricGuy

What makes you think they are locks?

Irish

Since one is your son I won't answer that one.  I guess with your version we can also call 145 a toss up..

Irish

And I didn't call any weight a lock.  Its wrestling is there such a thing?

ElectricGuy

No need for you to answer.  All your post have been around the 120 field this year and last year around 113 - all rapids - I think we have a good idea who your following.

I call it a toss up,  what do you call it if you think it's not? Sounded like a lock.. 

Just was curious what changed. @ cheese you thought all 8 were a toss up, now not?

Quote from: Irish on January 06, 2015, 10:36:36 AM
Not sure about the top two seeds in that particular pool.  If that was what was meant however 120 was an unreal top 8 bracket in terms of competition.  Smith looked like he could have won that bracket as could the other 8 guys that were in the top 8.  Wisconsin almost had 4 guys in the semis!!

138 as well!

Irish

Actually I think you guys are being to nice about 220.  An like  said is there such thing as a lock.  I follow rapids.. I also follow Nekoosa. I am a fan no more no less.

ElectricGuy

All good - hopefully the teams meet up.   

ougiqbxy

I think both sides only have one wrestler who is close to a lock.   I don't think Rapids can move anyone to wrestle Kraus and beat him and Stoughton cannot move anyone to beat Thompson.

113 is the only pure toss-up in my mind and I picked Jisko because he was in control the whole match at the Cheesehead.

It's highly unlikely, but Spray could move up to wrestle hasselberger...then that's not a lock.
Dow could move up to wrestle Benitz...not a lock.
Rapids could leave Fuller at 170 and Timm at 182 which turns both weights into comple toss-ups.
Rapids could switch Benitz and Einerson which some wrestlers give Einerson problems and he's not a lock.
Diebel knocked off then 4th ranked cook from New London last week...Model is not a lock.
Hall is solid....definitely not a lock for Dow.
There's an edge for Klein, but not so much of one that it's a lock.
Benton is good, Abel is not a lock.

As this shows, the only two that are fairly secure are Kraus and Thompson.  I do not think they can be outwrestled and a throw would have to take place for them to lose.

I think I have done the best I could in picking fair prognostications while being a fan of Rapids.

I have thought this match-up multiple different ways and if everything works out for either team I have the exact same 44-14 routs for them both.   I do hope this match comes to reality, but Pewaukee and Sauk Prairie will not be easy for sure.
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

maggie

EG is right, last i checked, ya could only get a lock at the local hardware store.... ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY