Luke Destiche will sign Monday

Started by jv175, April 18, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv175

Luke Destiche from Luxemburg-Casco will sign Monday with the golden Gophers of Minnesota! Must like that maroon and gold! Congratulations Luke!

thequad

congratulations Luke Best of luck.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

billymurphy

digimon

Congrats Luke ! He will fit in nicely with those talented, experienced "big men" for the Gophers. Working with Storley, Pfarr, and Schiller will be awesome. Best of luck !

MNbadger

I don't know much about this fellow.  What has he done nationally?  Is he able to make 197 or is he a heavyweight?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

I feel he will be a 97 pounder in college. He to me just looks like one solidly built kid that would be a big 97 pounder but to be honest I think he would be a tad small to grow into a HWT in college. Small, meaning a tad short not build wise, the kid is built very, very well in the muscle department.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 20, 2014, 07:28:42 AM
I feel he will be a 97 pounder in college. He to me just looks like one solidly built kid that would be a big 97 pounder but to be honest I think he would be a tad small to grow into a HWT in college. Small, meaning a tad short not build wise, the kid is built very, very well in the muscle department.

No kidding.  He's a tank.  What a beast, when he is on top!  I agree that he will probably be at 97.  From what I saw of him, he was better on his feet this year, too.  Wish we could have kept him in the state, but wish him much success at Minnesota.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

billymurphy

In my opinion, based strictly on appearance, he is much more muscled up than Schmidt, but I am told Schmidt is going to be a heavyweight.
Destiche is going to have his hands full this year at Minnesota as they will be loaded with seniors on their roster.
What a great opportunity for Destiche and what a big 197 lbs guy he would be if he could really wrestle at that weight.

Spartan

I highly doubt Luke will be a 197lber in college. He tips the scale in the offseason at over 225, or at least he has over the past few summers.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Spartan on April 22, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
I highly doubt Luke will be a 197lber in college. He tips the scale in the offseason at over 225, or at least he has over the past few summers.

he also seems to have a bit of excess around the waste, in a college wrestling room that will come off fast. Not sure how tall he is but doesn't look like a typical Big Ten HWT so I believe 197 would be his best bet.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

digimon

Minnesota's wrestling room will take those extra pounds off Luke with in time. Schiller will be a senior next season and will be a great role model for Destiche. Luke will Redshirt and wrestle lots of opens. The Gophers add another upper weight wrestling beast to their roster.  Nice pick-up.

brotherofagoodwrestler

At 97 Gophers might have Schiller as a senior next year but I could see that spot being filled by N.Rose or Stevenson in the future. They(Gophers) might be in a prime spot to get the best of the lot by keeping Benick at home too. W.Balow will be mixing it up at or around that weight also. So even though I agree with the others that 97 would be a good fit for Luke, thinking hwt. might be where J Rob and staff might be thinking. Gophs like to take that lighter hwt and grow him into a true hwt. But that's all guess work.....very few know what has been said to what kid and at what time. Academics, attitude, and a small thing called injuries will all play a role along with the number one factor DEVELOPEMENT.
   Best wishes to Luke and his family!
P.S. Nobody jump down my throat and bring up Kroells being at hwt. (I think it only strengthens my light heavyweight point).

thequad

I think Luke would be better at 197 than hwt, IMO. I also think Luke will benefit by practicing with the other heavy wrestlers. Right now I think he needs to expand on his moves, JMO. I feel his attitude and toughness is there. Best of luck to you Luke.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.