Merrill vs Bay Port

Started by Buick, December 29, 2013, 07:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

What happened to Osmanski for Bayport at 138

harley

Quote from: tmandr on December 30, 2013, 08:32:11 PM
The real criteria that mattered in this dual was how much time the Merrill coach was allowed to waste arguing a moot point in a 6-1 loss at 152 and help reverse the steamroller that had his team down 28-9 with 5 matches left. Were his 160 through 220 pound wrestlers better as a whole? Probably. Were they 22-3 better? Probably not. Did they get some extra psych power by their coach making a 20 minute stand over what amounted to nothing making them think their team was somehow wronged and taking away Bay Ports momentum? Absolutely. Seemed like a flagrant overuse of power by the hosting coach. Merrill has an excellent team, it's too bad they had to "win" like that.

Ok now that was funny  ;D, this is a classic

Too

tmandr

My point is not whether a coach should be able to stop a match for 5 minutes to argue a point with a secondary motive of slowing momentum. He should. He did this at the end of the 2nd period of the match in question. Doing it again at the end of the match for not 5, not 10, not 15, but 20 minutes was the ridiculous part that unfairly amplified the effect. I am saying he abused his position as host coach. I am saying refs at state or some other neutral location would have given him his 5 minutes and then either cut him off, kicked him out or penalized him. The refs did not do their job against the guy who hired them.

cooch

Quote from: tmandr on January 01, 2014, 07:05:01 PM
My point is not whether a coach should be able to stop a match for 5 minutes to argue a point with a secondary motive of slowing momentum. He should. He did this at the end of the 2nd period of the match in question. Doing it again at the end of the match for not 5, not 10, not 15, but 20 minutes was the ridiculous part that unfairly amplified the effect. I am saying he abused his position as host coach. I am saying refs at state or some other neutral location would have given him his 5 minutes and then either cut him off, kicked him out or penalized him. The refs did not do their job against the guy who hired them.

That will happen with an established coach at home.  I wasn't there but, I would have to see the video of any coach getting more than 2 minutes to argue any call before he got dinged for unsportsmanlike. And if you have a video of a 20 minute argument over a call I'd send it to WIAA.
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.