Reaching out for friends in need. Please read.

Started by jaguarwrestler, June 06, 2013, 08:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguarwrestler

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this, I figured the general wrestling wasn't fitting although it may get more views.

I wouldn't normally post this or ask total strangers to give money to total strangers but my friends from Bellville WI are going through something horrific with their young son.

A few weeks ago their 4 year old came down with hives and started complaining about lower body pain. They went to the doctor and they where sent home with what was thought to be a viral infection, as it turns out it as more like a bacterial infection. He has be diagnosed with a rare illness called Purpura fulminans, to some it up it is a skin/blood infection that is basically a flesh eating bacteria.

Now my intentions are not to get graphic but I would like to know what this little boy has had to endure. At first they thought he may lose both legs, so far he has been through 3 operations in his first 3 weeks. They have removed all of his skin down to the muscle from his hips down... all areas. At this time the think they may be able to save his legs but would probably lose both feet. His legs will need countless procedures in order to do skin graphs. His road to recovery will be very long and it is likely at least one parent will need to quite their job. Donations are being accepted in the link below to help with expenses, as we all know insurance doesn't cover everything and also has a cap in most cases. Insurance also doesn't cover personal expenses. I don't expect anyone reading this to just give money, but I wanted to at least share the possibility as anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brent

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/dawson-henry-fundraiser/63678

I'm sure it does not matter, but the Mother is from Elk Mound, Father is from Madison and they currently live in Bellville. Feel free to share the link to anyone you choose.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bigG

My God, how horrific. Could be any of our kids.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kjohnson

count on me for a donation. When you donate on the web, add wiwrestling to your name. Lets see how many we can get to donate. If everyone does a little bit no one has to a lot a bit.

prayers

DrSnide

prayers and donations on the way.  What a horrific nightmare, I can't imagine.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

jaguarwrestler

a few days ago someone asked what movies/tv shows made them shed a tear, I have to admit talking about this to other family and friends has choked me up more than once. I guess it hits home when it is your friends and I also have a small child. I just think to myself what it this was us, how hard it must be for them, it must seem like a bad nightmare.

I would also like to tell you it really tugs at my hearstrings and makes my screen get a bit blurry to think that some of you could just give money to someone you never met when asked by someone you only know on a chat forum. I truly appreciate the effort and I'm guarantee they will too. They are a good family, live in a very modest home in the middle of the country, just normal everyday Americans. I was talking to my wife the other day, I was telling her that this is all it takes to completely turn your whole world upside down, something that would never even cross your mind. It make me reflect and be truly happy for how good I have it. 

Kjohnson

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 06, 2013, 12:26:50 PM
a few days ago someone asked what movies/tv shows made them shed a tear, I have to admit talking about this to other family and friends has choked me up more than once. I guess it hits home when it is your friends and I also have a small child. I just think to myself what it this was us, how hard it must be for them, it must seem like a bad nightmare.

I would also like to tell you it really tugs at my hearstrings and makes my screen get a bit blurry to think that some of you could just give money to someone you never met when asked by someone you only know on a chat forum. I truly appreciate the effort and I'm guarantee they will too. They are a good family, live in a very modest home in the middle of the country, just normal everyday Americans. I was talking to my wife the other day, I was telling her that this is all it takes to completely turn your whole world upside down, something that would never even cross your mind. It make me reflect and be truly happy for how good I have it. 

How come my screen started to get blurry?  Friends and family will help support them and their  little guy is the true hero ( not an athlete). Why this happens no one knows, I can assure you, this little guy is touching more lives than you or I could ever do.  He is the TRUE AMERICAN HERO!!!

Dawson has taught people on this forum to love someone a little more , care for someone , to give a  loved one a specials hug tonight. I didn

bigoil

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Goat Roper on June 06, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
Jag,

Thanks for the kind words in the pm.  Sometimes we (mostly I) get caught up in the real trivial things and bicker back and forth on this forum.  Granted it is fun and I would guess if we all get locked in a big room we would all get along.  What this young guy is going through puts it all in perspective.

Keep us informed on Dawson.

I would imagine we would all be good friends if we ever met, remember we all came together because of wrestling... misc chat is just something to have fun, pick some fights and post some opinions. I truly don't hold a negative opinion of any poster on this board. Truth is I get sick of politics from time to time and just talk about issues that matter to me.

I'm very proud of the wiwrestling community today, seeing people give hard earned money to a total stranger for a family that needs help is uplifting. Even if you can't donate keep the name Dawson Henry in your prayers. It truly is hard for me to think about what that family and child must be going through. I will definitely keep everyone updated.

jaguarwrestler

If your having trouble with this link let me know.

once I clicked on the link I clicked "Give Now" and it walked me through the rest

bigoil

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 06, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

once I clicked on the link I clicked "Give Now" and it walked me through the rest

One caution, the site is free but it defaults that you give 5% to the website.

Second, what is the delay from the time you contribute?

TomM

The 'default' is an option.  You can decrease it to a lesser percent or not donate I believe.  I did some research on it and there is no scam alert anywhere.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

Quote from: TomM on June 06, 2013, 10:14:01 PM
The 'default' is an option.  You can decrease it to a lesser percent or not donate I believe.  I did some research on it and there is no scam alert anywhere.

Thanks Tom. I did switch it to zero, got my confirm from PayPal, but haven't seen it post.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: howavi on June 06, 2013, 10:08:47 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 06, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

One caution, the site is free but it defaults that you give 5% to the website.

Second, what is the delay from the time you contribute?

My donation has been deducted from my bank account, so I didn't see a delay.

The site defaults 5% to help with sit costs but you can change that amount. The site runs for free to people seeking donations, so they try ask donors for a small fee because running a site like can get expensive.

Thank You Hawavi

jaguarwrestler

Well, I didn't tell Dawson's parents (Beth and David) that I shared their story here. They heard all of these donations where coming from some wiwrestling website contributors so Beth started to investigate.... apparently I signed my name on my first post and she put 2 and 2 together because at some time in the past I talked about wrestling. This morning I received this message she would like to share with the board:

"First off - thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot believe how many people have donated from wiwrestling. I am in awe of the generosity of strangers, and David and I are both touched beyond belief. Thank you to Brent for sharing our story, and thank you to those on the site for their thoughts, prayers, and donations. This has been a humbling experience for many reasons, but we are drawing a lot of strength from people the people around us, both friends and strangers. Dawson has his MRI today, and we will find out for sure where on his legs he'll need to be amputated at. If all you can do is pray for our continued strength, that's enough. Love to everyone. -Beth (Dawson's mom)"

I would personally like to thank the contributors that have given so far today, I don't know all of your handles because I don't know all of your real names. I assume Ralph Liegel Family is also part of the wiwrestling community.

Todd

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 07, 2013, 09:06:05 AM
Well, I didn't tell Dawson's parents (Beth and David) that I shared their story here. They heard all of these donations where coming from some wiwrestling website contributors so Beth started to investigate.... apparently I signed my name on my first post and she put 2 and 2 together because at some time in the past I talked about wrestling. This morning I received this message she would like to share with the board:

"First off - thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot believe how many people have donated from wiwrestling. I am in awe of the generosity of strangers, and David and I are both touched beyond belief. Thank you to Brent for sharing our story, and thank you to those on the site for their thoughts, prayers, and donations. This has been a humbling experience for many reasons, but we are drawing a lot of strength from people the people around us, both friends and strangers. Dawson has his MRI today, and we will find out for sure where on his legs he'll need to be amputated at. If all you can do is pray for our continued strength, that's enough. Love to everyone. -Beth (Dawson's mom)"

I would personally like to thank the contributors that have given so far today, I don't know all of your handles because I don't know all of your real names. I assume Ralph Liegel Family is also part of the wiwrestling community.

This is why I have more faith in people and humanity than politicians. 
"This page intentionally left blank".