Herm

Started by Hungus, April 15, 2024, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No One Cares

Quote from: PAUL on April 16, 2024, 08:06:39 PMAll the best to the young man - continued success to him.  Love the Badgers but also love seeing Wisconsin kids move to the next level - please make us all proud!

"Please make us all proud."  What does that mean, exactly? 

hammer

Quote from: No One Cares on April 16, 2024, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: PAUL on April 16, 2024, 08:06:39 PMAll the best to the young man - continued success to him.  Love the Badgers but also love seeing Wisconsin kids move to the next level - please make us all proud!

"Please make us all proud."  What does that mean, exactly? 

Not sure of PAUL meaning but I wish all Wisconsin kids well at where ever they go and attend school! Fun to support them all to do well.

WrestlerSB80

Quote from: Fish on April 16, 2024, 07:57:50 AM
Quote from: WrestlerSB80 on April 16, 2024, 06:25:57 AMKids a stud.

I know he goes to Nazar and Askren, so who gets the blame for him not going to Wisconsin? Askren?

Congrats Jacob.

We really don't need to blame anyone.  How about we give the kid and his family credit for exploring his options and picking a school/wrestling program that he feels comfortable with.  The idea that every Wisconsin kid has to stay home is ridiculous and needs to stop.  Congrats Mr Herm!

Definitely didn't mean this a bad way, as I said the kid is a stud. No one is staying home.

Crazyotto

Terrible facilities, bad team, coach possibly on the hot seat, no RTC, little NIL money - what's not to like? Maybe it's not Ben steering people away? Who has gotten better in Madison? Cant blame him or any other WI kid.

Healthy and happy

Quote from: Crazyotto on April 18, 2024, 02:22:25 PMTerrible facilities, bad team, coach possibly on the hot seat, no RTC, little NIL money - what's not to like? Maybe it's not Ben steering people away? Who has gotten better in Madison? Cant blame him or any other WI kid.
Who has gotten better???
Eric Barnett reached is highest AA placement, 4th and the highest placement at 125lbs in WI history!

Shane Liegel went up two NCAA division's, beat several ranked guys during the season and was very close to a take down against the kid from Navy that could have made him an AA!!

Max Maylor, after 4 years had Michigan had his best season.  He also beat multiple ranked guys and qualified for the NCAA tournament!!!

All three are Wisconsin kids. That is who got better, Mr Crazy!!!! 

Crazyotto

Quote from: Healthy and happy on April 19, 2024, 06:00:35 PM
Quote from: Crazyotto on April 18, 2024, 02:22:25 PMTerrible facilities, bad team, coach possibly on the hot seat, no RTC, little NIL money - what's not to like? Maybe it's not Ben steering people away? Who has gotten better in Madison? Cant blame him or any other WI kid.
Who has gotten better???
Eric Barnett reached is highest AA placement, 4th and the highest placement at 125lbs in WI history!

Shane Liegel went up two NCAA division's, beat several ranked guys during the season and was very close to a take down against the kid from Navy that could have made him an AA!!

Max Maylor, after 4 years had Michigan had his best season.  He also beat multiple ranked guys and qualified for the NCAA tournament!!!

All three are Wisconsin kids. That is who got better, Mr Crazy!!!! 

Eric Barnett was a 3x Time state champ, Super 32 runner up, Who's #1 champ, and Fargo champ. I think he had a great career and admit you can make an argument he got better, but with that pedigree coming in I think you can make an argument the results he obtained were on par with expectations.

The other guys you mentioned I guess I'm not referring to almost take downs and making NCAA's. My point is nobody, other then Gomez, jumped levels. They either stayed on their trajectory or regressed.