Brandvold
6 (7.8%)
Ruschell
0 (0%)
Reader
4 (5.2%)
Hahn
8 (10.4%)
Other (Matt Foley, Turd Ferguson, Ferrari, etc.)
15 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: April 04, 2024, 04:23:59 PM

wrestle03

Alot of rumors going around about Amos, i get it.  But at the end of the day even if he does come back he wont be an All American either.  I remember multiple people saying on this very forum that when Amos signed he was going to be  multiple time NCAA champion, blah blah blah.  Greco does not correlate to college wrestling.  Ask Jesse Thielke.

imwi

I don't recall Thielke doing much on the Senior level in Greco either so I'm not sure that is a great example.

wrestle03

High school: Four-time Wisconsin state champion for Germantown High School ... joins the Badgers after a season training for the Olympics ... placed fourth at the 2012 U.S. Olympic trials in the Greco-Roman competition ... took fourth at the 2012 US Open ... three-time junior world team member ... FILA Junior National Champion and two-time Fargo champion in Greco-Roman ... compiled a 182-1 record in his high school career.

IMWI:  Amos hasnt lived up to any of the hype - period.

imwi

Not trying to start a pissing contest but look at how many times the word "junior" and "high school" is used in your response which is sort of my point.

I'll also add that I agree with your statement from the earlier post "Greco does not correlate to college wrestling"

Also, not bad mouthing the guy, he was a phenomenal wrestler.  I was glad to see he started wrestling again with the Army

wrestle03

vsmf2010

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 05, 2024, 10:47:54 AMWow!

People are forgetting Nash was a bigger star recruit than Johnson was and was the top ranked HWT for a few year though very similar high school results. I feel.Nash did well for his first year back with very little wresrling in the pass few years.

Ok now Johnson probably will not get in much drilling until January's and was bang he is going to be whipped right into possible AA shape. Hey I hope it happens but that is a tall road to hoe. Keuter and the polar bear did well but neither were AA threats in my mind. The old days of kids competing at an AA level in 2 D1 college sports is such a huge task I am not sure if it is possible!

Wrestling is a year around sport in college I just have a hard time.believing kids can wrestle part time and be an AA. Also if we believe our best wrestler next year is going to be a part time football player, that doesn't look good for the team over all.

I don't know if it is fair to say that Keuter was not a AA threat. He was clearly their best option at Hwt but elected to preserve his RS. He wrestled 4 matches. Got majored by Kerk, defeated Jessen who did not qualify with 1st period fall, beat Tabor who was a qualifier 5-3 and beat Doucet who was a round of 16 guy 5-1. Sounds like a AA possibility to me.

littleguy301

Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 05, 2024, 03:18:19 PM

People are forgetting Nash was a bigger star recruit than Johnson was and was the top ranked HWT for a few year though very similar high school results. I feel.Nash did well for his first year back with very little wresrling in the pass few years.

Ok now Johnson probably will not get in much drilling until January's and was bang he is going to be whipped right into possible AA shape. Hey I hope it happens but that is a tall road to hoe. Keuter and the polar bear did well but neither were AA threats in my mind. The old days of kids competing at an AA level in 2 D1 college sports is such a huge task I am not sure if it is possible!

Wrestling is a year around sport in college I just have a hard time.believing kids can wrestle part time and be an AA. Also if we believe our best wrestler next year is going to be a part time football player, that doesn't look good for the team over all.

I don't know if it is fair to say that Keuter was not a AA threat. He was clearly their best option at Hwt but elected to preserve his RS. He wrestled 4 matches. Got majored by Kerk, defeated Jessen who did not qualify with 1st period fall, beat Tabor who was a qualifier 5-3 and beat Doucet who was a round of 16 guy 5-1. Sounds like a AA possibility to me.

Maybe your right on that.

I still think to AA you need to be in the room for a full year. Yes he did well for sure but if he keeps it I he has the talent to get into a top spot. Just injuries from football will dictate the training.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 05, 2024, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 05, 2024, 03:18:19 PM

Maybe your right on that.

I still think to AA you need to be in the room for a full year. Yes he did well for sure but if he keeps it I he has the talent to get into a top spot. Just injuries from football will dictate the training.

Also Bradley Hill was a NCAA quailifier and I believe he is a redshirt freshmen so have to get by that one first,
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

VQOriginal

I'm getting strong Branvold vibes for the Badger head coach position. Still speculation. Makes sense. He's an alum.

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

hammer

Quote from: VQOriginal on April 05, 2024, 07:32:05 PMI'm getting strong Branvold vibes for the Badger head coach position. Still speculation. Makes sense. He's an alum.

That is about the only real person I think would be asked to be the coach. Great choice for sure but he has a great thing going in Minnesota and I don't think the Badgers are willing to invest that kind of money to bring in Brandvold. I would guess it would take a few million to bring him in. Coaches salary, RTC budget, new room and some boosters that will agree to donate X amount of dollars per year to get what he has in Minnesota. Brandvold is probably in line for the Gopher spot in 5 to 8 years and to give up what he has at his disposal is far more than what Wisconsin has.