wrastle63

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:53:04 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:47:08 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2024, 05:13:34 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 12, 2024, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 12, 2024, 12:04:44 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 12, 2024, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 12, 2024, 11:26:48 AM
Quote from: fightfightfight on March 12, 2024, 09:08:08 AMI think 5 but 6 would probably be a better draw. Nobody wants to wrestle Hamiti either though.

Ramirez wouldn't want to face Dean, but the others who have beaten Dean multiple times in the past (KOT, Carr, Amine) might not mind considering the alternatives.  In particular, Cam Amine probably does as he is undefeated against Dean and probably has fared worse against other top 5 seeds.  If KOT, Carr and Amine get seeded on the other side of the bracket, Dean has a path to the finals as he should beat Ramirez and if he doesn't wrestle stupid again, he can beat Mesenbrink.

I doubt carr, amine and kot all get seeded on the other side. Carr and kot are the 1 and 2 seeds no matter what DJ did at the big tens! I can see Mitchell getting a 3 seed and rameriz getting the 4th also and then DJ with the 5 is fine with me. Sorry I don't see DJ beating kot or carr. I see dj some where 3 to 6 depends on the draw and how he feels on the back side!
Don't think that is true at all. 1 KOT 2 Hamiti 3 Ramirez 4 Carr 5 Messenrbink if Hamiti were to have won at Big Tens.

How? Carr beat DJ 2 to 0 in the dual and is a returning finalist from last year. 2 things for DJ to overcome which he wouldn't under current head to head rules.
Based on the NCAA wrestling seeding criteria.... Conference placement, win %, RPI all go to Dean. Carr also lost to Ramirez who was a conference champ, but Dean is higher than Ramirez in everything.
Quote from: fightfightfight on March 12, 2024, 09:08:08 AMI think 5 but 6 would probably be a better draw. Nobody wants to wrestle Hamiti either though.

Ramirez wouldn't want to face Dean, but the others who have beaten Dean multiple times in the past (KOT, Carr, Amine) might not mind considering the alternatives.  In particular, Cam Amine probably does as he is undefeated against Dean and probably has fared worse against other top 5 seeds.  If KOT, Carr and Amine get seeded on the other side of the bracket, Dean has a path to the finals as he should beat Ramirez and if he doesn't wrestle stupid again, he can beat Mesenbrink.

I doubt carr, amine and kot all get seeded on the other side. Carr and kot are the 1 and 2 seeds no matter what DJ did at the big tens! I can see Mitchell getting a 3 seed and rameriz getting the 4th also and then DJ with the 5 is fine with me. Sorry I don't see DJ beating kot or carr. I see dj some where 3 to 6 depends on the draw and how he feels on the back side!
Don't think that is true at all. 1 KOT 2 Hamiti 3 Ramirez 4 Carr 5 Messenrbink if Hamiti were to have won at Big Tens.

How? Carr beat DJ 2 to 0 in the dual and is a returning finalist from last year. 2 things for DJ to overcome which he wouldn't under current head to head rules.
Based on the NCAA wrestling seeding criteria.... Conference placement, win %, RPI all go to Dean. Carr also lost to Ramirez who was a conference champ, but Dean is higher than Ramirez in everything.

Please look at the points those are worth in the seeding.

Also why in the world is this argument based on IF DJ would have won. He lost, so no discussion.
You said Carr and KOT are the 1 and 2 no matter what happened at Big Tens, which isn't true and actually highly unlikely. Carr still won't be the 2. Ramirez and Messenbrink both have better records and are both conference champs. Messenrbink is ahead in RPI and Ramirez beat Carr head to head. Carr has zero chance of being ahead of them unless they don't follow the criteria.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2024, 09:41:07 AM

Also why in the world is this argument based on IF DJ would have won. He lost, so no discussion.
You said Carr and KOT are the 1 and 2 no matter what happened at Big Tens, which isn't true and actually highly unlikely. Carr still won't be the 2. Ramirez and Messenbrink both have better records and are both conference champs. Messenrbink is ahead in RPI and Ramirez beat Carr head to head. Carr has zero chance of being ahead of them unless they don't follow the criteria.

Ramirez did duck Carr in the dual so that should be held against him in the seeding but I do not know if it will. If I was seeding it would be like this

1) KOT
2) MM
3) Carr
4) Ramirez
5) DJ
6) Caliendo

Seems pretty equitable and splits the wrestlers from the same conference and does not reward JR for avoiding DC in the dual

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2024, 09:41:07 AM

What ever you win! Look at the points they use for the things you say. Head to head is worth alot more points than rpi when the guys have like 2 losses. Last year's national finals plays in also.

Heck why argue for 2 why not for 1? What if Carr beat KOT at the big 12? What then?

Bottom line DJ lost and is going to be 4 or 5 seed. I will be cool with mitchell as a 2 seed also no losses.

While us fans can argue who we think is the best match ups you know the NCAA and ESPN want the most marketable match ups. I read that Carr/KOT was good viewership on Sunday
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Vir Fortis

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:53:04 AMAlso why in the world is this argument based on IF DJ would have won. He lost, so no discussion.

Because someone asked a question to a hypothetical and wanted an answer?

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:47:08 AMPlease look at the points those are worth in the seeding.

Seems like they were pretty accurate. KOT, Carr, Hamiti and Amine easily could have gotten the 9 seed instead of the 10.

littleguy301

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 14, 2024, 03:45:11 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:53:04 AMAlso why in the world is this argument based on IF DJ would have won. He lost, so no discussion.

Because someone asked a question to a hypothetical and wanted an answer?

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:47:08 AMPlease look at the points those are worth in the seeding.

Seems like they were pretty accurate. KOT, Carr, Hamiti and Amine easily could have gotten the 9 seed instead of the 10.

I have admitted I really hit the wrong answer out of the park. So I go back on on the seeding rules and I was basing my off of a few years ago. Such a dolt I am.

I saw head to head with the highest point total, winning % and others in front of all mentioned!

I will again say sorry for being so, so, so wrong!

Should have known with how D2 and D3 seeds were but how they finished in their regions seemed to not have not as much worth!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Gutwrench

Quote from: Gutwrench on March 11, 2024, 03:13:11 PMThinking about where DJ will be seeded at NCAA....
1. O'Toole
2. Mesenbrink
3. Ramirez
4. Carr
5. Hamiti/Olejnik
6. Olejnik/Hamiti

If these seeds are correct:
As the 5 seed DJ's path would be Carr-O'Toole.
As the 6 seed his path would be Ramirez-Mesenbrink.

I don't know much about Ramirez other than he beat Carr at the Cliff Keen this year.  Still with that said, I  I want that 6th seed path over the 5th seed.

What do you all think?

All I'm saying is that my original seeding was pretty spot on.  ;)

vsmf2010

You were definitely pretty close GW. I find it very irritating that Ramirez got the 3. His 2nd best win is over Cerniglia and he benefitted from ducking Carr in the dual. I was hoping that the NCAA would have put him in the 4/5 match, give Carr the 3 and split the Big 12 guys. IMO 3 of the top 4 are in the top of the bracket. Carr has wins over DJ, Olejnik, Caliendo, Hall twice and Amine and JR did not wrestle any of them. Disappointed with the seeding committee or the criteria. This does not make any sense!

BadgerOne

Hamiti got seeded fifth and he'd have to get by both Carr and KOT to make finals.  That's a terrible draw.  The sixth seed would have been much better as Ramirez and Messenbrink is much easier path to finals.

Ghetto

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 14, 2024, 11:05:28 PMHamiti got seeded fifth and he'd have to get by both Carr and KOT to make finals.  That's a terrible draw.  The sixth seed would have been much better as Ramirez and Messenbrink is much easier path to finals.

100%

I think Hamiti can beat both of those guys. He's gonna have a long road back to the third place match, but he's capable of being there.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Grapl

Quote from: Ghetto on March 15, 2024, 10:29:18 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 14, 2024, 11:05:28 PMHamiti got seeded fifth and he'd have to get by both Carr and KOT to make finals.  That's a terrible draw.  The sixth seed would have been much better as Ramirez and Messenbrink is much easier path to finals.

Messenbrink and easier path to finals....are you sure about that? :)

Ghetto

Quote from: Grapl on March 15, 2024, 10:57:36 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 15, 2024, 10:29:18 AM

Messenbrink and easier path to finals....are you sure about that? :)

Easy isn't the correct way to put it. But Hamiti has had success just last week against Messenbrink and fell apart. I don't think he (Hamiti) was particularly close to taking O'Toole down when they wrestled.I am not sure he'd take Carr down either.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

No matter where he is seeded Hamiti is a tough draw for anyone
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Army Ant

Carr got screwed so everybody that is in his path also got screwed.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Army Ant on March 16, 2024, 06:59:08 PMCarr got screwed so everybody that is in his path also got screwed.

100%

Oz125

Hamiti should have beaten Mitch, but blew it at the end. It is what it is. Now he just needs to beat Carr and  shock the crowd in KC beating KOT in back to back matches. However, he first needs to take care of business before the quarters. If Carr would have been on the other side of the bracket, he most likely would have to beat both anyway. Anything can happen and I wouldn't bet against him. That's why they wrestle the matches. It's going to be fun to watch. Go Badgers!