Hamiti NCAA seed

Started by Gutwrench, March 11, 2024, 03:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutwrench

Thinking about where DJ will be seeded at NCAA....
1. O'Toole
2. Mesenbrink
3. Ramirez
4. Carr
5. Hamiti/Olejnik
6. Olejnik/Hamiti

If these seeds are correct:
As the 5 seed DJ's path would be Carr-O'Toole.
As the 6 seed his path would be Ramirez-Mesenbrink.

I don't know much about Ramirez other than he beat Carr at the Cliff Keen this year.  Still with that said, I  I want that 6th seed path over the 5th seed.

What do you all think?

hornbuckleb

1. O'Toole
2. Carr
3. Ramirez
4. Mesenbrink
5. Hamiti/Olejnik
6. Olejnik/Hamiti

BadgerOne

Olejnik beat Hamiti in all-star match but it doesn't count for NCAA purposes.   Olejnik lost 5 times including two to KOT and Carr plus Peyton Hall and Caliendo.  He's behind Dean for seeding.  Dean's toughest foes will be KOT, Carr and Cam Amine, all have multiple wins against Dean.  The more of these guys on the opposite side of the bracket, the better.

BadgerOne

Olejnik beat Hamiti in all-star match but it doesn't count for NCAA purposes.   Olejnik lost 5 times including two to KOT and Carr plus Peyton Hall and Caliendo.  He's behind Dean for seeding.  Dean's toughest foes will be KOT, Carr and Cam Amine, all have multiple wins against Dean.  The more of these guys on the opposite side of the bracket, the better. 

littleguy301

I like DJ in the 6th seed. Just like his chances against ramirez to the semi than mitchell.and then o Toole. Just my opinion
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrestle03

Where does everyone think Hamiti would have been seeded if he beat Messenbrink yesterday at Big Tens?  Second?  Third?

fightfightfight

I think 5 but 6 would probably be a better draw. Nobody wants to wrestle Hamiti either though.

BadgerOne

Quote from: fightfightfight on March 12, 2024, 09:08:08 AMI think 5 but 6 would probably be a better draw. Nobody wants to wrestle Hamiti either though.

Ramirez wouldn't want to face Dean, but the others who have beaten Dean multiple times in the past (KOT, Carr, Amine) might not mind considering the alternatives.  In particular, Cam Amine probably does as he is undefeated against Dean and probably has fared worse against other top 5 seeds.  If KOT, Carr and Amine get seeded on the other side of the bracket, Dean has a path to the finals as he should beat Ramirez and if he doesn't wrestle stupid again, he can beat Mesenbrink.

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 12, 2024, 11:26:48 AM
Quote from: fightfightfight on March 12, 2024, 09:08:08 AMI think 5 but 6 would probably be a better draw. Nobody wants to wrestle Hamiti either though.

Ramirez wouldn't want to face Dean, but the others who have beaten Dean multiple times in the past (KOT, Carr, Amine) might not mind considering the alternatives.  In particular, Cam Amine probably does as he is undefeated against Dean and probably has fared worse against other top 5 seeds.  If KOT, Carr and Amine get seeded on the other side of the bracket, Dean has a path to the finals as he should beat Ramirez and if he doesn't wrestle stupid again, he can beat Mesenbrink.

I doubt carr, amine and kot all get seeded on the other side. Carr and kot are the 1 and 2 seeds no matter what DJ did at the big tens! I can see Mitchell getting a 3 seed and rameriz getting the 4th also and then DJ with the 5 is fine with me. Sorry I don't see DJ beating kot or carr. I see dj some where 3 to 6 depends on the draw and how he feels on the back side!

wrastle63

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 12, 2024, 11:56:55 AM

I doubt carr, amine and kot all get seeded on the other side. Carr and kot are the 1 and 2 seeds no matter what DJ did at the big tens! I can see Mitchell getting a 3 seed and rameriz getting the 4th also and then DJ with the 5 is fine with me. Sorry I don't see DJ beating kot or carr. I see dj some where 3 to 6 depends on the draw and how he feels on the back side!
Don't think that is true at all. 1 KOT 2 Hamiti 3 Ramirez 4 Carr 5 Messenrbink if Hamiti were to have won at Big Tens.

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 12, 2024, 12:04:44 PM

Don't think that is true at all. 1 KOT 2 Hamiti 3 Ramirez 4 Carr 5 Messenrbink if Hamiti were to have won at Big Tens.

How? Carr beat DJ 2 to 0 in the dual and is a returning finalist from last year. 2 things for DJ to overcome which he wouldn't under current head to head rules.

wrastle63

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 12, 2024, 08:39:27 PM

How? Carr beat DJ 2 to 0 in the dual and is a returning finalist from last year. 2 things for DJ to overcome which he wouldn't under current head to head rules.
Based on the NCAA wrestling seeding criteria.... Conference placement, win %, RPI all go to Dean. Carr also lost to Ramirez who was a conference champ, but Dean is higher than Ramirez in everything.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: wrestle03 on March 11, 2024, 06:24:33 PMWhere does everyone think Hamiti would have been seeded if he beat Messenbrink yesterday at Big Tens?  Second?  Third?

I think he gets the 2 seed, but he should get the 3. Common sense should prevail here(I know it's a formula) and #1 and #2 should be O'Toole and Carr.

I said this already, but I really thought this could be an awesome tournament at this weight...and it still will be. But I feel like watching O'Toole, it's a battle for 2nd. He can score anywhere, he can get in on his shot, score off your shot, but his defense seems SO much better now.

Messenbrink isn't going to be able to wear him out IMO.
Carr isn't going to beat him with length and by finishing if the B12s were any indication(it was 8-2...which is 6-2 last year without the 3-pt TD...a convincing win and that score didn't seem to represent how dominant O'Toole was).

Hamiti is great when guys take bad shots. Don't see that happening.

Finally, O'Toole never looked like a BIG '65. He looked thick and had a big back, trunks, but he didn't look cut up. He looks stronger this year as well.

It actually makes me all that much more interested for 74KG as I think he could shock some people there, but cart before the hose.

1-O'Toole
2-Carr
3-Messenbrink
4-Hamiti
5-Ramirez

IMO. I'll predict
1-O'Toole
2-Messenbrink
3-Hamiti
4-Carr
As the end result because...I'm bored and chalk is even more boring.

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2024, 05:13:34 AM

Based on the NCAA wrestling seeding criteria.... Conference placement, win %, RPI all go to Dean. Carr also lost to Ramirez who was a conference champ, but Dean is higher than Ramirez in everything.

Please look at the points those are worth in the seeding.

littleguy301

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 05:47:08 AM

Please look at the points those are worth in the seeding.

Also why in the world is this argument based on IF DJ would have won. He lost, so no discussion.