WTTs

Started by blastdouble, June 09, 2017, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blastdouble

Who does everyone like this weekend out of the mini tourney and then in the finals?

57: Ramos over Graff 2-1
61: Stieber over Brewer 2-0
65: Molinaro over Zain 2-1
74: Burroughs over Dake 2-0
86: Cox over Taylor 2-1
97: Snyder over Gadson 2-0
125: Gwiz over Bradley 2-0

wrastle63

Quote from: blastdouble on June 09, 2017, 08:17:10 AM
Who does everyone like this weekend out of the mini tourney and then in the finals?

57: Ramos over Graff 2-1
61: Stieber over Brewer 2-0
65: Molinaro over Zain 2-1
74: Burroughs over Dake 2-0
86: Cox over Taylor 2-1
97: Snyder over Gadson 2-0
125: Gwiz over Bradley 2-0
Should be some great matches even at the Junior level.

bigG

Grr! I can't stand Ramos.

Ah well. The difference between win and lose is so small at this level.

I like the prospective team that will represent us, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

blastdouble

I feel like Graff has the best skill set at 57kg for the USA but for whatever reason he just struggles winning these things! 

Barou

Quote from: bigG on June 09, 2017, 08:26:13 AM
Grr! I can't stand Ramos.

Ah well. The difference between win and lose is so small at this level.

I like the prospective team that will represent us, though.

I thought it was marion you couldn't stand....lol.
JHI Mafia

bigG

Marion tops the list. Ball grabbin' ,oil minin' so-and-so. I just think Ramos is more mentally tough than TG. Can't stand his arrogance; but he is mentally tough.

Ghetto

Quote from: blastdouble on June 09, 2017, 08:42:37 AM
I feel like Graff has the best skill set at 57kg for the USA but for whatever reason he just struggles winning these things! 

Totally agree. I'd love to see him make a world team. He just smashes guys on his way to the finals and then...
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

npope

Don't know what to make of Graff's most recent disappointment - gotta feel for him, always a bridesmaid...like a lot of guys out there.

Some on the board suggest that they really love Graff's style of wrestling, but to tell you the truth, his style has always frustrated me as a fan of his. Granted, I have only seen him go in some of the big matches, e.g. NCAA finals, BigTen, etc., but in those matches he was constantly playing the edge and backing up. If I were a ref I would have disqualified him quickly for stalling. Don't know if withdrawing into a tortoise shell is his "championship" style of wrestling, but it sure wasn't impressive.

Anyway, not sure where he goes from here.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Quote from: npope on June 10, 2017, 07:32:44 PM
Don't know what to make of Graff's most recent disappointment - gotta feel for him, always a bridesmaid...like a lot of guys out there.

Some on the board suggest that they really love Graff's style of wrestling, but to tell you the truth, his style has always frustrated me as a fan of his. Granted, I have only seen him go in some of the big matches, e.g. NCAA finals, BigTen, etc., but in those matches he was constantly playing the edge and backing up. If I were a ref I would have disqualified him quickly for stalling. Don't know if withdrawing into a tortoise shell is his "championship" style of wrestling, but it sure wasn't impressive.

Anyway, not sure where he goes from here.

That's the kicker. He seems to go ape crap until the finals. I get you have to play closer points in your head. He tends to tenderfoot in the finals. Then again, the guys he wrestles in the finals are all world class, now.  I haven't checked if he has a highlight reel; but he goes nuts sometimes. Just strings together moves and points. He can blow it up.

wrastle63

Must be Barry's fault. Donny will fix him.

Barou

Quote from: wrastle63 on June 12, 2017, 09:16:06 AM
Must be Barry's fault. Donny will fix him.

Nice, not one mention of Barry in this thread but yet a sarcastic Barry defense comment.
JHI Mafia