Nebraska, Feb 21st, 7:00 pm

Started by leg turk, February 04, 2014, 03:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: Goat Roper on February 22, 2014, 08:22:08 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on February 21, 2014, 09:28:08 PM
Great to see some of the big wins out of Taylor and Jordan.  UW wins if Graff and Jackson were in the lineup. 

Thielke continue to progress.  He will have a tough one on Sunday..but one that would be great to see him pull out a win. 

They only needed Graff to wrestle.

Gotta step on the mat in order to win. WI was the benefit of no-shows when they wrestled Illinois earlier this season. Maybe it just kind of averages out.

Not sure if Graff will face off against Ramos on Sunday - sure would like to see Graff get after him as many times as they can muster. As for Hein, a sad season for a guy who has done a yoman's job the past few years; sure wish he could get healthy and give it a good run here at the end.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Badger_Fan

Quote from: npope on February 22, 2014, 10:14:21 AM
Quote from: Goat Roper on February 22, 2014, 08:22:08 AM
Great to see some of the big wins out of Taylor and Jordan.  UW wins if Graff and Jackson were in the lineup. 

Thielke continue to progress.  He will have a tough one on Sunday..but one that would be great to see him pull out a win. 

They only needed Graff to wrestle.

Gotta step on the mat in order to win. WI was the benefit of no-shows when they wrestled Illinois earlier this season. Maybe it just kind of averages out.

Not sure if Graff will face off against Ramos on Sunday - sure would like to see Graff get after him as many times as they can muster. As for Hein, a sad season for a guy who has done a yoman's job the past few years; sure wish he could get healthy and give it a good run here at the end.

Who was a "no-show" for Illinois?  I don't understand that statement. 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

They were missing Ervin at 149...  and Morse at 165...

An Illinois resident I know still thought Illinois would win.... !!  :-)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Badger_Fan

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 22, 2014, 11:19:43 AM

Ervin and Fahy have been interchanged all year, so I wouldn't say they were missing one or the other.  Fahy wrestled against Kent State and Bloomsburg at National Duals last weekend.  And we lost at 165 anyway ...

I'm just not sure we should be so dismissive of the Illinois win. 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Badger_Fan on February 22, 2014, 11:25:58 AM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 22, 2014, 11:19:43 AM

Ervin and Fahy have been interchanged all year, so I wouldn't say they were missing one or the other.  Fahy wrestled against Kent State and Bloomsburg at National Duals last weekend.  And we lost at 165 anyway ...

I'm just not sure we should be so dismissive of the Illinois win. 

I agree.  Cousins and Lubeck did not wrestle for us... 
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

JT won his last 4, I think he matches up well against Iowa, they are built about the same... I think JT gets the win.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

billymurphy

If you want to get fully noticed on a national level, you have to beat a Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota or Oklahoma State guy. 
Jordan beating St. John on Sunday will get him wrestler of the week, a number #1 seed at the Big Ten Tournament and be
the number #2 ranked guy in the country, only behind Dieringer.  That is my how I see it going down. 

Taylor also has a huge match against Iowa. These Ohio boys sure are tough.

I am not sure who the best Wisconsin wrestler on the team is but I have been thinking about it. 
After last night, I cannot say it is Liegel at 174 lbs.
Watching Thielke get absolutely manhandled all season by multiple opponents, I cannot say it is him. 
Hein should be but he is rarely in the lineup anymore or not at full strength when he is.
Lubeck cannot make the claim. 
Graff and Medbery are from Colorado.
Robertson is the top JV guy but he is from Illinois.
Is the best Wisconsin guy on the team part of the JV? Seth Liegel or Crone?

stbird

Wow, the Taylor and Jordan wins are big time!  hThielke is really turning it on.  McCrystal is a solid opponent.  Great job Badgers!  I'm really getting excited about what we can do at the B1G's!  The Badgers are definitely under rated!