dad 2 5

EB opens up round two with a 17-0 TF
Fugitt loss 7-15
Rivera wins I think 10-2
Lettini get whipped 0-16
Sheen downed 1-11
George 3-9
Bad second round so far
can't tell for sure but looks like Zargo lost 8-9 by the guy stalling out the whole third period. Just cant be in that position in a sound round match.
Gavin drops one 1-9 (yup, your are reading this right, most the Badgers going to the back side already)
Nilo goes to the backside 5-10
Luke joins the backside 2-4

Well, at least Dean wins with a pin
Max with a 18-10 win
Shane gets a 4-3 win
Michael TS crushed 0-15 early in the second, gave up three near falls in the first
Gannon pinned
Pete 1-11

that is all I can take... Maybe they will get a few backside wins

Harris

Tough loss for Zargo.  Thought he would finish a takedown with all those opportunities at the end.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on December 29, 2023, 11:29:23 AMTough loss for Zargo.  Thought he would finish a takedown with all those opportunities at the end.

agree!

bigoil

Quote from: Harris on December 29, 2023, 11:29:23 AMTough loss for Zargo.  Thought he would finish a takedown with all those opportunities at the end.
I'm assuming he is not healthy, they have George as the scoring member at 149.

bigoil

Quote from: bigoil on December 29, 2023, 12:05:16 PM
I'm assuming he is not healthy, they have George as the scoring member at 149.
Maybe not, they did the same thing at 174 counting Cale and not Max.

leg turk

4th place as a team.

dad 2 5

Zan just schooled Rivera. Wonder if that is normal in the room?

Harris

I've been impressed with Zan all day.  He came to wrestle.  Avenged his loss to Rivera earlier in the year.  I am wondering if Rivera is really a 125 from watching his matches.  He seems to be getting a little out muscled at 133 but has a ton of upside potential. 

I really wish the coaching staff could light a fire under some of these young guys.  They seem to be going through the motions with little emotion.  I can't stand when people give up positions because it is easier instead of fighting.  These are winnable positions and winnable matches but the lack of urgency is hard to watch.  A lot of them are struggling on bottom, not keeping anyone down, and losing the takedown battles in matches I thought they would dominate.  I have never understood just letting people up from the bottom in tight matchups especially in college with riding time.  It just seems like it is the easy way out when you let the bottom man out without a fight.

charteroak1

So Harris, are you saying your looking for a little more Hustle, Effort and Attitude? 

Harris

Quote from: charteroak1 on December 29, 2023, 05:17:28 PMSo Harris, are you saying your looking for a little more Hustle, Effort and Attitude? 

Yes  :)

Numbers

4 in the quarters, 2 in consolation to start session 2. 

This is a Midlands without Iowa.  Not good.

DocWrestling

Juust not sure where Barnett is going to end up at the end of the year.  Can beat anyone it seems but takes these losses.  Thought he was going to get last takedown and then gave it up

Is anyone getting all the mats on Big Ten Plus for this session?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Wrestling Guru

I am disappointed and not surprised at the Badger's success this year; this was expected.  Our wrestlers are not developing and our best in state recruits go out of state.  I hate to be rude and blunt but Bono is not the answer for Badger wrestling.  For supporters like wrestlemania and the other Bono advocates that want to tout guys he's developed like Seth Gross, I feel sad for you.  Gross was going to have success either way, that's why he started at Iowa, minus a couple set backs he would have had the same/if not better success as a Hawkeye.  Also, I would not rest my entire career on one athlete as a coach but rather a replication of success, but that is my opinion.  If mediocre is what you settle for, then that is what you will achieve.

Right now in the program, wrestlers are taking two steps back and no steps forward and there is no vision of "hustle, attitude or effort" to change that. 

I love the Badger wrestlers but am disappointed in the leaders of the program.

Numbers

Quote from: DocWrestling on December 29, 2023, 07:20:11 PMJuust not sure where Barnett is going to end up at the end of the year.  Can beat anyone it seems but takes these losses.  Thought he was going to get last takedown and then gave it up

Is anyone getting all the mats on Big Ten Plus for this session?

2,8,11,13 seeds in the semis at 125.  The crazy year at 125 continues.