Bucknell @ Wisconsin Dec.3rd

Started by charteroak1, November 27, 2023, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

On this site, with interviews of Reader and Bono, both have acknowledged the relationship with Ben/AWA has improved. Hopefully we will see the fruits of that coming up.

It has also been addressed on the facilities. Yes the Wrestling Room is not the greatest compared to other rooms including HS rooms, I wrestled in that room during camp in 1985, however, total facilities, we are there at the top with lifting, nutrition and educational facilities. UW is going through a redo on athletic facilities replacing the McClain Center, have opened another gym across the university, while I haven't seen anything in print, I'd hope that the plans will include a new or reimagined space for the wrestling mats.

fightfightfight

Quote from: vsmf2010 on December 04, 2023, 12:15:11 PM
Quote from: STFM1 on December 04, 2023, 10:24:52 AMFun match up between 2 SWAL Conference foes in Maylor from Iowa/Grant-Highland and Springer from Mineral Point with Maylor getting the quick pin. That Conference is as touch as they come!

Maylor actually pinned Mike Bartush at 184 and Springer lost to Shane Liegel 5-0 at 197.

The news outlets had it wrong. All of them pretty much. Liegel wrestled Bartush and Maylor wrestled Springer. Springer had a big contingent at the match from Mineral Point to watch.

vsmf2010

Quote from: fightfightfight on December 06, 2023, 06:52:42 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on December 04, 2023, 12:15:11 PM
Quote from: STFM1 on December 04, 2023, 10:24:52 AMFun match up between 2 SWAL Conference foes in Maylor from Iowa/Grant-Highland and Springer from Mineral Point with Maylor getting the quick pin. That Conference is as touch as they come!

Maylor actually pinned Mike Bartush at 184 and Springer lost to Shane Liegel 5-0 at 197.

The news outlets had it wrong. All of them pretty much. Liegel wrestled Bartush and Maylor wrestled Springer. Springer had a big contingent at the match from Mineral Point to watch.

I wondered about that so I checked it on the Badger site, the Bucknell site and on wrestlestat before I posted this. So they all had that wrong? The MP contingent was right in front of me and I did think they were kind of quiet during the 197 match which I thought was strange. I would hope someone at Bucknell would correct that on their own site. I think the announcer and the scoreboard had Springer at 197 as well but I do not remember for sure. I did hear coach Bono mention Maylor wrestling another WI wrestler during the pod cast so that make sense. Sorry about that. I looked every where I could before I posted. 

littleguy301

Mr Springer is like 6 foot 5. Bartush is no were near that tall.

I haven't seen the dual but nolan was a smaller weight guy and bartush was a tick bigger over the year so I would guess bartush is 197 and nolan 184 but that is just by seeing them in the past.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

vsmf2010

That makes sense. I am pretty sure the guy who wrestled at 197 was shorter than Shane. He looked pretty big and was bigger across the upper back than the guy who wrestled at 184 so I assume that was Bartush. Weird that Bucknell or someone else would not correct this. Everything matters when it comes to NCAA allocations and at large spots so you would think both schools would want to get that right. I am not sure where the NCAA gets there information but as far as I can tell it is wrong everywhere. Flo, WS and both schools sites.

Wis-Mallard

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

uwbadgers.com shows the following matchups for the 184 and 197 Wisconsin Bucknell dual:

184: #26 Max Maylor (WIS) over Mikey Bartush (BUCK), Fall 0:27 | 21-17
197: Shane Liegel (WIS) over Nolan Springer (BUCK), Dec. 5-0 | 24-17

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

STFM1

Website lists that and the announcers were announcing wrong. Not sure how that can happen and at very least not fix it on the website. I know both kids and Maylor wrestled Springer!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: STFM1 on December 07, 2023, 10:40:34 AMWebsite lists that and the announcers were announcing wrong. Not sure how that can happen and at very least not fix it on the website. I know both kids and Maylor wrestled Springer!

I always thought the internet was right.

Thank you for clarifying who wrestled each other!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf